my new mike woolridge cco1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new mike woolridge cco1

i received my new mike woolrdige custom cue yesterday,its pretty much very simple,9.5 mm,17.5oz,58" length,29 mm,plain ebony butt.

what i think about the cue?

it is absolutely fantastic,the feel,the finish,the splicing,the material quality,the craftsmanship all top quality.

some people may feel they are expensive but believe me they are worth every penny perhaps more,worth its weight in gold.

i did a complete analysis of the cue and there was not one complaint or mistake that i could point to.

a lot of people may say that quite a few cuemakers can make a perfect cue but for me there are only two:

mike woolridge
    trevor white

i also got a one pc double brown crocodile case,it is very nice,very well made as looks elegant.the pictures on the website dont do justice to the cases.
    Last edited by khizzy; 20 March 2010, 05:43 PM.
    RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Piccies....

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
      Piccies....
      ive just reached home from the club,i'll post some tomorrow.

i forgot to mention that his splicing is the best i've seen,even the lower points on the splices were at the same level not a millimeter of error.mike deserves a pat on his back.

Comment

Glad your Happy with the Cue m8.

But I cannot Agree there are Only 2 Good Cuemakers out there!!!

Trevor White in my Book is One of the Very Very Best Cuemarkers, Mike Wooldridge, John Parris, Master Cue etc etc are also Great Cue Makers.

Master Cues are Great Value for the Money and have a Excellent Finish, There was a problem with a few of there Cues with there Joints for awhile but now they have been Sorted but as for the Cue and the Finish they are Fantastic.

The Problem is as I have already said in Different Threads what Cue Suits One Person May Not Suit Another!!

I Gotta stick up for John Parris, Mike Wooldridge etc and Say I have never seen a Bad Cue by Them and there Craftmanship is Great.

I have had a few Parris Cues and too be Honest Yes Craftmanship is Great but I wouldn't Pay Full price for them around £500+.
        Where I have Had Many Master Cues and Too Be Honest I preferd the Master Cues? But thats my Opinion may not be Yours.

What People have gotta Understand is Different Cue Makers Suit Diffrernt People.......Stiffness, Craftmanship......PRICE!!

Comment

i feel the omin cues are better than the master cues,but i've been told that the master cues which are imported to india by dealers are often the cheaper quality ones,maybe they are better if you buy directly from ukrit.

Comment

I have gotta Say I have seen Many many O'Min Cues in the UK and Never Been in the Same league as Master Cue.

Maybe like you said you have People Ordering Silly Amounts of UKRIT and Not Fussy what they Receive! Where as the UK Importers are alot more Fussy about Craftmanship, Shafts, Grain etc etc.

The O'Min Cues just doesn't seem to Play aswell as the Master Cues and the finish doesn't seem as Good nor does the Shafts! The O'Min Badges also look very Tacky to me!

I know Ukrit made a Few NEW CONNOISSEUR RANGE CUE....With those Square Badges and they Look Terrible and he has been Told that Also Not Just by Me but lots of Cue Importers.

I am not saying Master Cues are The Best in the World, But One of the Best Yes and at a Very Good Price!

Comment

You sure those Omin you saw are top quality cues ??
              Omin cues can range from low as 100pounds to very high price.
              About craftmanship .. shaft ..grains .. splice.. I think if you have a chance you really need to visit their place in Thailand. Omin have great cues, is just the matter of where and how you get it.. and a lot of fake Omin's out there too..
              Both Mastercues and Omin made good cues for players.

Is just the matter of how much you are wiling to pay..

Cheers

Comment

There must be a mean comparison between each n every cue brands out there.

You cannot be comparing a O'min prefect with a JP special or Trevor White cue with mastercraft.

Yes, price wise Thailand cue is relatively cheaper than UK one but you have to take into consideration the splice wood used by both country is not the same. Material used in Thailand cue are usually wood material found either in the region or looks like the real McCoy.

Comment

Don't forget Hunt & Osborne... :P

Comment

I agreed with willytan.

Comment

Hi Khizzy,

Are you gonna upload pics of your cue.
                      Would be aprreciated.
                      Also some feedback on your cue please
                      Breaks 2010- 47, 40, 56, 53, 47, 45, 46

Highest break 69

Comment

im trying t upload pics but there seems to be some problem,they are not being uploaded
                        Last edited by khizzy; 4 May 2010, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
                          im trying t upload pics but there seems to be some problem,they are not being uploaded
                          Yes, I had the same problem, too.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post

Good?

=o)

Noel

Comment

fantabulous

Comment

Working...
                              X