my new mike woolridge cco1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quackers:

What are you looking for in a cue? I have a small selection of cues that I tried out while looking for a good cue, a couple of Trevor Whites, Acuerate, ADR147, UT 1-piece, Aurora 1-piece plus a few others, most with 2 extensions.

I have settled on an Aurora 3/4-butt at 19oz but most of the above are between 17.5 and 18.5oz.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hi Terry, my specs would be 3/4 cue, 57 inches, 9.5 mm tip (ish) straight-grained ash, ebony butt, 17 1/2 oz. Maybe a splice or two for colour but that's not important.
      Although I have used a slightly bent cue before (for some years actually) I prefer dead straight.
      I'm actually trying to reserve funds to visit Hotpot's cue emporium to have a look at his JP.
      I must admit though that I have seen one or two really nice Aurora's. Very impressed.
      A TW would be nice :-)
      sigpic

Comment

quackers:

Actually I have 2 Trevor White cues for sale that I tried out but decided to go with a custom made Aurora cue from Airin.

The one exactly fits your specs. It is 57.25", 17.5oz, straight grained ash with 3/4 ebony butt with 3 splices, 9.5mm ferrule with a pro granite tip, butt diameter 29mm. This cue is very straight and smooth and is in 'as new' condition. It comes with short and long extensions and it hits very well.

The other has similar specs but is 58" long.

Both are the same price at 500quid plus postage, which I estimate is about 30quid for 7-day delivery to the UK.

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
        X