No announcement yet.

New cue for Stephen Maguire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree with the last comment by the Doctor. Not only first class quality cues that are excellent value for money but Dave and Simon are 2 of the nicest blokes you could wish to do business with. Just been up to see them to collect my cue thats been customised (perfect job by the way fellas thank you!!) and had a sneak preview of a beautiful ash one piece of the same type (Olive Cue) that they have made for Stephen.
    This one though is individually numbered...wait for it....no. 0147. Fantastic looking shaft and exceptionally nice design butt. It was a lovely forward weighted cue that according to the guys MIGHT just be going up on ebay some time soon......keep your eyes peeled for this one guys and gals it honestly is a nice cue with a very apt custom plate.

Comment

Lush looking cue. I want it!
      Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

As much as I respect Parris' best cues, props to Mags for stepping outside the envelope on this one!

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by Cueboy88 View Post
          I went to Craftsman on Thursday to have some repairs done to my cue and I was talking to Dave and Simon about Stephen's cue. I had a butt-joint put in my cue which for American pool cues is unusual, but being in a wheelchair I use the extension quite a lot, while I was there Paul Hunter's dad Alan called in to have somew cues retipped. I think Stephen's decision to have a cue made by Craftsman finally puts Craftsman on the map, because previously it was primarily Yorkshire players only went to Craftsman.
          Pics of my work are on my website.

Matt Lester
          www.matthew-lester.com
          Craftsman on the map.

I think the name puts people off buying from them.
          Who are the great cue maker, he are a few( Sorry if i left names out and not in any order ) but the main point is they use their own name and dont sound like a big mass producing company.

john Parris
          dave Coutts
          mike wooldridge
          trevor white
          robert osbourne
          tony ions
          robin cook
          dave coutts
          tony glover

Is craftsman a one man company, maybe bring a range of cues out in your own name........just a thought!

Comment

Ended up at 250 squid....:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
              Ended up at 250 squid....:snooker:
              not expensive.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Never said it was.....:snooker:

Not a bad price atall, it looked real nice too....

Comment

anyone know if Stephen is in fact using this cue at the China Open?

Comment

Loverly Cue that and as Mentioned £250 for that was a Cheap Cue with the Work and Design that went into that.

Too be Honest Simon and Dave are 2 Cracking Blokes and I wish them Very Well in the Future.....Lets get them on the MAP!

Gaz.

Comment

He was using the parris. He is planning to try out the new cues "off season" and make a decision then.
                      "Don't think, feel"

Comment

I should get them on the map soon as I'm thinking of ordering them a new cue! If done, I'll post all details and pics later

But so far I can tell their job is top notch as my current cue, already a Craftsman, is in perfect condition after 4 years of use. Very good job but most of all, EXCELLENT quality for money! :snooker:

Talking about the quality of their products, I was playing with my best mate yesterday night and we were comparing our cues. Mine is a Craftsman Panther and his a John Parris Regal. His Regal has an issue with the joint (butt is not glued anymore with the joint) and when he tried mine, he was potting like crazy. We compare the quality of both cues and really, there was no difference. So, really, it makes you wonder about the prices of the 'top Cuemakers'. The majority of their cues will cost you around £150, so quite cheap but still, you get an excellent product!
                        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Does anybody know if he plays with the Craftsman or he went back to his TW/JP ?
                          Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Just ordered some stuff from Craftsman (love their wax!) and if the wait time is reasonable, going to add one of this (olivewood) to my collection

Comment

Hi , Spoke to Stephen recently who has been trying various cue brands until he finds a cue he can settle with. He still has the cue as a spare but still has not settled on a cue yet.

Comment

Thanks...sent you an email regarding my cue.

Comment

Working...
                                X