New cue for Stephen Maguire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Asi View Post
    Does anybody know if he plays with the Craftsman or he went back to his TW/JP ?
    He was using a different cue last week in China, certainly didn't look like Craftsman or JP, it was more like in the style of the cue Ronnie was using last season, 4 splice of olivewood but with small veneers, maple shaft, 3/4 jointed, not seen him use this cue before.

Comment

Does anyone know what cue Stephen finally settled on? I see that he sold the maple 3/4 cue that Trevor White made him on ebay this week, cracking looking cue!! From reading all the posts in this thread he was experimenting with lots of different cues from different makers (TW, Craftsman, Mastercraft, Hunt & Osborne etc) after his Parris cue was shortened by mistake!!

Oldgit
      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

guess we'll just have to wait and see what he turns up with at Telford next week!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          guess we'll just have to wait and see what he turns up with at Telford next week!
          Yes, you are right...........it will be a 'spot the badge' competition!!

Oldgit
          'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

From what I could see this week, it looks he is now using a JP Superior cue, isn't he?
            Or it's a furiously similar design....Four splices of olivewood, plus Two veneers, plum and maple, then maple shaft.

Can somebody confirm?
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I'm not sure Erwan, its certainly not a standard superior if its a JP at all as the veneers are blue and maple and not plum.

Really difficult to tell these days with players cues as there are so many cue makers and the badge designs so similar that you can't possibly tell from the TV unless you get a really good close up shot.

Comment

maguire craftsman cue

Comment

That's not the cue he is currently using.

Comment

Stephen Maguire Cue

Stephen Maguire has never used that style of cue.

Comment

I am pretty certain that Maguire is using his original Parris cue that has now been lengthened by Parris by adding the fancy splicing.

Oldgit :snooker:
                      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                        That's not the cue he is currently using.
                        yes i know.

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                          I am pretty certain that Maguire is using his original Parris cue that has now been lengthened by Parris by adding the fancy splicing.

Oldgit :snooker:
                          Yes I am of this thinking too, certainly not usual to have a joint put in above the splices unless some work has been carried out as is the case on Stephens cue. The shaft looks old to me, again a sign the cue could be his original.

Comment

Stephen Maguires Cue

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            I heard its very rare to get anything for free off a Yorkshireman
                            Why should you?? They have to pay for the materials to make the cue plus the labour involved as well. Dave makes a cracking cue but this is not Maguires cue, he still uses the old 3/4 join above the splicing tips cue. See picture. Anyway what does it matter, would YOU be able to play like Stephen if you bought his cue?
                            Last edited by JP1; 29 March 2011, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by JP1 View Post
                              Why should you?? They have to pay for the materials to make the cue plus the labour involved as well. Dave makes a cracking cue but this is not Maguires cue, he still uses the old 3/4 join above the splicing tips cue. See picture. Anyway what does it matter, would YOU be able to play like Stephen if you bought his cue?
                              Hey Joe, long time no speak!

Comment

Working...
                              X