craftsman cue -classic or standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craftsman cue -classic or standard?

As a new member and having read the forum for a while i have decided to dump the old cuecraft and get a craftsman.
    I am looking at something like the 147 or panther from the standard range or a supreme or predator from the classics.
    As i understand the standard cues are made on the premises and the classics imported.Would there be much of a difference in the quality and would i be better paying the extra for a standard?
    The fact the classics come with the mini butt included is swaying me slightly.
    Any advice or if anyone has used these cues would be most helpful.
    Thanks

Where are the Classics imported from then?

Comment

I think i read on another thread that they were imported from Thailand and finished on the premises.I may be mistaken.

Comment

you should contact them and ask their advice, i have emailed them and they seem like a good company to deal with
        am still considering gettin a pool cue made by them
        Highest Match Break - 77
        Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
        Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

In the end i have decided to go with the supreme and have placed my order.I am sure i wont be dissapointed.

Comment

Craftsman is a very good company. I owe one of their cues, custom made for me in '06 (a Panther). Very good quality for money.
            However, I'm surprised you mention some of their cues could be imported from overseas. Never heard of that. Could someone confirm it?
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Ordered up a 17.5ozs from Craftsman. Modelled around The Century/Elite. Simon at Craftsman has been very helpful and patient. Took me ages to make up my mind what I wanted. Can't wait for cue to arrive. Not bothered where cue is made so long as I like it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                Ordered up a 17.5ozs from Craftsman. Modelled around The Century/Elite. Simon at Craftsman has been very helpful and patient. Took me ages to make up my mind what I wanted. Can't wait for cue to arrive. Not bothered where cue is made so long as I like it.
                Jesus Bigmeek only now youre ordering your cue , thoght i was bad but you are King Ditherer

All the best with it , how long you got to wait

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                  Jesus Bigmeek only now youre ordering your cue , thoght i was bad but you are King Ditherer

....still waiting for the spec.....Shall I grow the Ash tree?
                  sigpic <---New Website
                  Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                    ....still waiting for the spec.....Shall I grow the Ash tree?
                    LOL Dan Still waiting for my blinking cue Muck .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post

Yup, King of the Ditherers! In the end I have to admit it was an impulse buy so not sure I've got the right cue. Expect delivery in 4-6 weeks.
                      Next cue I'll definitely try to visit somewhere to try a few out first. Buying at distance is fraught with problems!!

Comment

Do you get your cue custom completly from scratch or is it a specific model made from the range?

(just ask as you said it was made 'around' the century/elite)

I already have a Craftsman and thinking to buy a new one, but if Dave and Simon can built a cue right with the design I want, could be better!
                        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                          Yup, King of the Ditherers! In the end I have to admit it was an impulse buy so not sure I've got the right cue. Expect delivery in 4-6 weeks.
                          Next cue I'll definitely try to visit somewhere to try a few out first. Buying at distance is fraught with problems!!

Thats the chance you take muck even off the top cuemakers , i suppose if it was,nt like that , and people found the right one first time then the cue makers would be out of business .

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                            Do you get your cue custom completly from scratch or is it a specific model made from the range?

(just ask as you said it was made 'around' the century/elite)

I already have a Craftsman and thinking to buy a new one, but if Dave and Simon can built a cue right with the design I want, could be better!
                            Erwan I don't think it will be made completely from scratch but Craftsman give you quite a lot of flexibility for change. If you pick a particular model (in my case the century) you can change the weight, tip size etc. Simon also let me pick a wood splice and change the colours of the veneers. Very helpful I thought. If you want complete customization then Mastercraft Cues may be a better choice.

Comment

thanks for the input! I was pretty sure they didn't do anything from scratch but if at least they can you flexibility, as you say, it's already nice.

They have a very good looking model I particularly like, the Dominator, with splices of Thuya Burr and blue veneers. I'm really tempted.

By the way, has anybody try a cue made with their 'pro ash' concept? When I first bought my current Craftsman Panther few years back, I opted not to pay for Pro Ash but do you you think it's worth it? I really want a good ash quality for my next cue.
                              Last edited by Erwan_BZH; 28 March 2010, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X