Require A New Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Well if your happy with them thats the main thing i suppose, but a cue selling for £30 in a shop was probably made for under a £10, so what sort of quality do you think your getting ?? have you actually played with a decent cue to see and feel the difference ?
    yeah one of the guys i play with spent £200+ on his cue its a martin chesworth one, its probs the best cue ive ever had a frame with. runs smoothly through your hand unlike mine after one frame its sticky as hell!

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
      You cue is wearing lycra???????????
      Eh
      Do you mean lacquer?
      What is this cue?

I wouldn't buy a machine spliced Peradon for £85 it's a waste of money. Get a second hand cue or spend a bit more. In your shoes I'd get a Craftsman 147 for £145?
      yeah u got what i ment tho.

not really good enough to go spending that much on a cue. the most i am looking on spending is £100 - £150 but for £150 i would like a cue & case combo.

Comment

right guys this is the cue i recently bought,

http://www.sportsdirect.com/bce-4-pi...ker-cue-757015

Not from sports world though got it from a internet snooker store.

looking at these cues, whats your input??

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...raft_Cues.html

them 2

http://www.alliancesnooker.co.uk/sto...ection=Snooker and Pool - Cues and Extensions&brand=Peradon&sib=3 Quarter Piece&id=213

http://www.alliancesnooker.co.uk/sto...ection=Snooker and Pool - Cues and Extensions&brand=Peradon&sib=3 Quarter Piece&id=212

http://www.alliancesnooker.co.uk/sto...ection=Snooker and Pool - Cues and Extensions&brand=Peradon&sib=3 Quarter Piece&id=364

http://www.alliancesnooker.co.uk/sto...ection=Snooker and Pool - Cues and Extensions&brand=Peradon&sib=3 Quarter Piece&id=93

http://www.topcue.co.uk/snooker/prod...free-hard-case

what you guys think??

if you have anylinks to any other good cues please put them up.

Comment

Not being nasty m8 that Cue you bought is just Cheap Firewood!!

Its Worth Spending alittle more for Quality.....Please Listen to What people are trying to Tell you as I have over 30+yrs Experience so do know abit

Try and Buy a Hand Spliced Cue........Some of the Cues your looking at are....Machine Spliced at £75+ No Machine Spliced Cue is Worth That??? Pay extra little and Get Hand Spliced Cue Different Quality altogether.

The Master Cue I am selling .......Sell on CHESWORTHCUES for around £225.

Im Selling for Around £100 for a Good Master Cue is a Steal.

I am not Fussed if you Buy mine but please take Advice and Buy Hand Spliced Cue!
          Last edited by gazza147; 22 March 2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

cheers gazza147 i bought it about the same time i joined this forum and never really got used to it. as for hand spliced and machine spliced i never really could tell the differene is it quallity or what??

Gazza please pm me deatils such as pics and price,

Comment

Jordson,I dont mean to differ with other peoples views but if your game isnt that great now and feel it doesnt warrant a big outlay just buy a cheap one(doesnt mean poor quality).If you gave a top player 2 cues,one cheap and one dear its a toss up which would be the first he'd hit a century with.Hendry won 6? world titles with a cheap cue because he believed in it and it felt good,its as simple as that.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                Jordson,I dont mean to differ with other peoples views but if your game isnt that great now and feel it doesnt warrant a big outlay just buy a cheap one(doesnt mean poor quality).If you gave a top player 2 cues,one cheap and one dear its a toss up which would be the first he'd hit a century with.Hendry won 6? world titles with a cheap cue because he believed in it and it felt good,its as simple as that.
                cheers trains i was wondering if a rub over with sand paper would stop the cue from been so sticky ??? i dont really want to be going buying a new cue after all i just dont have to time to sand it down,

Comment

Originally Posted by Jordson View Post
                  cheers trains i was wondering if a rub over with sand paper would stop the cue from been so sticky ??? i dont really want to be going buying a new cue after all i just dont have to time to sand it down,
                  Yep it works a treat,I had to use fine sandpaper on mine,good as gold.

Comment

Yep it works a treat,I had to use fine sandpaper on mine,good as gold.
                    Not the best advise to tell people to go ahead and use sandpaper on their cues , especially if you dont know what your doing . Imo better off getting a decent cue .

You just said you,ve never played with a good cue so you cant really comment on the improvement over a cheap broom handle .

Comment

well am goin up tonight for a few frames so i will give it a quick sanding with some fine paper then if it still gets sticky look into buying a new higher quality cue.

guessin as people will know it gets very annoying when you playing well getting some decent breaks then your cue starts to get sticky, dont get me wrong i like my cue and the fact i got i with the two smart extenders its just that i hate a sticky cue!

Rant Over lol

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                        Not the best advise to tell people to go ahead and use sandpaper on their cues , especially if you dont know what your doing . Imo better off getting a decent cue .

You just said you,ve never played with a good cue so you cant really comment on the improvement over a cheap broom handle .
                        No prob but its a question of faith,my game has improved simply because I've got better regardless of cue.Particularly as he conceded his game doesnt overtly justify a big outlay now.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jordson;476992]well am goin up tonight for a few frames so i will give it a quick sanding with some fine paper then if it still gets sticky look into buying a new higher quality cue.

I'd put some welly into your sandpapering,it took mine a hefty repeat dose before it stopped sticking.

Comment

listen to hotpot's advise,please don't put sandpaper to it,unless your completely striping it,even then you have to be careful m8,look thru threads on here about the subject.

Comment

I'd put some welly into your sandpapering,it took mine a hefty repeat dose before it stopped sticking.
                              Well thats what you get for buying cheap and nasty cues !
                              one of the many plus points of buying a decent cue will mean you receive a cue you can play with as opposed to having to start to finish it yourself

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Well thats what you get for buying cheap and nasty cues !
                                one of the many plus points of buying a decent cue will mean you receive a cue you can play with as opposed to having to start to finish it yourself
                                Mmm hmm,god knows what cost on a 'name' cue as opposed to 10 mins of sandpapering & the collossal £1 expense on sandpaper. Hmmm toughie

Comment

Working...
                                X