Cues On E-Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cues On E-Bay

I was looking for a couple of old cues to use as the shafts for a couple of rests I was making for my home table. Decided to look up e-bay for any cues starting at 99p and was surprised how many times the bidding soon reached £10 & over.

Anyway, stuck to my 99p and I eventually won a couple of cues on separate auctions, described as good condition, well looked after etc etc. A quick roll on the table showed they were both bent like bananas, makes no odds to me as the tips were cut off & the brass rests fitted, but a warning to anyone considering a "bargain cue" on e-bay.

Russ

That's the risk of buying things from e bay..

Comment

Originally Posted by Russ View Post
      I was looking for a couple of old cues to use as the shafts for a couple of rests I was making for my home table. Decided to look up e-bay for any cues starting at 99p and was surprised how many times the bidding soon reached £10 & over.

Anyway, stuck to my 99p and I eventually won a couple of cues on separate auctions, described as good condition, well looked after etc etc. A quick roll on the table showed they were both bent like bananas, makes no odds to me as the tips were cut off & the brass rests fitted, but a warning to anyone considering a "bargain cue" on e-bay.

Russ
      i could not even count the number of times its happened to me!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

But for 99 pence what do you expect ?
        Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

And me!........Mint Condition, Straight.....Bloody Straight!!!...Bent like a Butchers Hook...ha ha

Yes you gotta be Careful when buying Off eBay....But as already said 99p??....But most of the Time they have you on the Postage!!

What Sizes Cues you after for Rests as I may be able to help you if you Just Pay for Postage ok.

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
            But for 99 pence what do you expect ?
            Slightly missing the point here, they all started at 99p, only the two I won went for that price. What were the others like that went for over £10?

Russ

Comment

same answer again, ya get what ya pay for

if not am gonna keep my eye out for a trev or mike cue which ends at 99p
              Last edited by mattyshinobi22; 23 March 2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                same answer again, ya get what ya pay for

if not am gonna keep my eye out for a trev or mike cue which ends at 99p
                Following your line of thinking, a £100 cue of e-bay will be as straight as a die then? The more you pay, the straighter the cue will be, is that how it works?

Russ

Comment

Originally Posted by Russ View Post
                  Following your line of thinking, a £100 cue of e-bay will be as straight as a die then? The more you pay, the straighter the cue will be, is that how it works?

Russ
                  No, but maybe the reason people didn't bid on it was because it appeared to be bent...
                  Or it is from an unknown make likely to use unseasoned ash (and therefore more likely to bend).

At the end of the day its luck of the draw.
                  sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post

At the end of the day its luck of the draw.
                    Exactly, that was the point of my post no matter how the item is described in the listing.

Russ

Comment

Working...
                    X