Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the best 8 ball cue maker?

Hi Guys.

This forum obviously has more snooker players than 8 ball players but I am throwing a stone to get some feedback from the right guys.

I have been going through this forum for a couple of months now, and more or less the snooker guys always come down to a TW or MW cue , both have their positives and negatives, waiting lists, communication issues, prices etc, because of tall orders and positively all are very good snooker cues with very happy customers.

Obviously a Snooker and a 8 ball Pool cues are two different things, compared to tip size, length, shaft stiffness and weight etc. Maybe a good snooker cue maker is a average 8 ball cue maker, due to smaller orders and less experience of what a good 8 ball cue attributes should be.

There are so many cue makers in the UK and it really is difficult to find big differences on the cues just personal opinions of who is the best maker cues?

The price of a cue is how ellaborate one wants to go, with rare and exotic splices. I understand the time that goes into making a cue. And a cue makers price is based on time. Lets put price aside on this thread.

I have more or less made up my mind on a cue maker, I just want some feed back from 8 ball players.

Take your pick from the list.

TW
    MW
    H&O
    Robin
    Tony Wilshaw.
    JP

Thanx
    Start playing snooker 1 May 2010
    Highest Break 32
    Highest Score 113
    Cue: Mastercraft.
    Cue specs 9mm Talisman soft, 18 ounce

Originally Posted by coveg View Post

Obviously a Snooker and a 8 ball Pool cues are two different things
    no they aint. a good cue is a good cue.

Originally Posted by coveg View Post
    compared to tip size, length, shaft stiffness and weight etc. Maybe a good snooker cue maker is a average 8 ball cue maker
    not me. best snooker cues, best pool cues. period.
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

HAHAHA! @MIKE! lol class :P

man im still saving up for a MW. n ill get one one day im just a cheap student atm, but ill get one one day..

i use my uncle thai for pool. works great for me

Comment

HI The best pool cue for me is a Schon which is made in the Usa for Nine Ball Straight Pool 14.1 Eight Ball etc.

Comment

Working...
        X