Mastercraft cues can make anything !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercraft cues can make anything !

I've been using my Mastercraft Eclipse model for 6 months now and have been well pleased with the quality and performance of the cue. I have
    decided to purchase an additional cue but with slighty unusual butt specs.
    I've opted for a completely round slim butt (27 mm) with a weight of around
    16 3/4 oz. The design is based on the dictator model with different colour
    vaneers.

Spoken to Dave @ Mastercraft who gave me brilliant advice and can't wait
    for delivery. I will post pics and details when received.

It's really good to know there is a british cue maker that can modify
    designs and puts the customer first.

I would recommend Mastercraft to anyone who is considering a a new
    handmade cue !!!

What's unusual about the specs you've listed? Custom made cues are as popular as ever and cue makers know this ( £££'s ).

We really are fortunate having so much choice here in the UK.

Good luck with your new cue, let us know how it turns out. Don't forget to post some pictures!

Comment

Hi Coolblue

Most butts are 29 mm + and have the standard flat end.

Yes we are fortunate to have so much choice but I can personally vouch for the
      mastercraft quality. I'll post some pics.
      cheers

Comment

Regarding the butt dimensions of ~29 mm, is that the diameter of the cylindrical butt before the flattened end portion? That is, what is the standard diameter of the cylindrical butt where the hand grips the cue?

Comment

Yes I totally agree ,I've been using a Mastercraft cue now for a short while and I would regard them as far better value for money than the more 'well - known' cue makes.
          I had a couple of Parris cues - an Ambassador and a Special cue which I paid well over the odds for - the shaft on my Mastercraft beats them hands-down ,a really nice piece of ash ,and I'm now enjoying the game to a higher degree.

Comment

Hi pottingmachine

Glad to hear it's helped your game, once you have confidence in a cue It shows in
            your performance I always feel. I agreed about the quality of the ash, which model
            did you purchase and the specs ?

Comment

I bought mine from a friend two months ago , the badge says Mastercraft Custom Made England ,it's a 3/4 split solid ebony butted cue with one of the best shafts I've ever played with.It feels like a nice old piece of wood and the finish is superb.There are no decorative splices (I don't believe they help you to pot any more balls!! but I do agree they can make a cue totally original and unique)
              The specs are 57.5",9mm tip,weight 19oz.
              I'm really pleased with it and like yourself wouldn't hesitate at all to look for another Mastercraft in future.

Comment

Originally Posted by johno View Post
                I've been using my Mastercraft Eclipse model for 6 months now and have been well pleased with the quality and performance of the cue. I have
                decided to purchase an additional cue but with slighty unusual butt specs.
                I've opted for a completely round slim butt (27 mm) with a weight of around
                16 3/4 oz. The design is based on the dictator model with different colour
                vaneers.

Spoken to Dave @ Mastercraft who gave me brilliant advice and can't wait
                for delivery. I will post pics and details when received.

It's really good to know there is a british cue maker that can modify
                designs and puts the customer first.

I would recommend Mastercraft to anyone who is considering a a new
                handmade cue !!!
                Its not unusual for Mastercraft to make a cue with a thin butt.
                they have been making their cues to customers individual specs for
                quite a few years now.
                Thats probably why they get so much business.

Comment

Received my new cue back from Mastercraft today and well pleased. Dave has
                  made to my exact requirements and the weight and balance are perfect. I would
                  recommend these cues to anyone, you get a first class handmade cue for a
                  fraction of the cost that some of the other cue makers charge. I will post pics that
                  will do the finished product justice. The specs were 17 oz, 27mm butt, 9.5 mm tip
                  ebony with different colour splices. Would't hesitate to use them again.....

Comment

Originally Posted by cox orange pippin View Post
                    Regarding the butt dimensions of ~29 mm, is that the diameter of the cylindrical butt before the flattened end portion? That is, what is the standard diameter of the cylindrical butt where the hand grips the cue?
                    That's a good question, I would guess that "butt dimensions of ~29 mm" would be at the largest point of the butt of the cue. So that would be right before the end of the cue flattens.

Let's see if one of the cuemakers has an answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X