Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do u think about this cue?

Dear all,
    What do u think about this cue on ebay? snooker cue or billiard cue?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Burroughes-Wat...item2a05cf5c93

我不知道,不过看起来可真怪啊

打斯诺克估计也可以

Comment

Very nice example of an old cue. If it is stiff, then that is unusual for an old cue as they tend to be more whippy. If this is type of cue you are after then i think you could do a lot worse.
      Let me also say that ADR has a very nice 1 piece hornbeam Joe Davis cue, very rare to get in this wood. Was going to buy it myself but just got my old cue back and did not want to start messing my head up again.
      Hornbeam looks a bit like maple but has playing characteristics of ash and is generally a nice stiff hit with very little deflection.
      I would say that its a better cue than this one.
      "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Nice cue that but as already said ADR147 has some nice cues in stock.

Comment

I think it is simular to one used by Sean Murphy. I have one of these but mine is longer and in better nick. ADR uses one also if I am not mistaken.

Word of warning, it can be hit or miss buying an old cue like this from e-bay, unless you are buying from a reputable dealer like ADR147 who will tell you as it is.

Comment

Could be a nice cue.
            What disturbes me is the seller tells about the beautiful shaft but does not show it in a picture.
            I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

If you want a nice old cue then i may be able to help you out .

Comment

As a player?
                The Ferrule is odd isn't.
                Cue is very short so that might firm up the hit.
                If for playing you'd probably want the ferrule redone and a referb. So you'll be round the £200 mark. You might as well get a new custom cue.

Comment

Great thanks for you all.

Comment

contact dan shelton he has a very good example for sale.... dsd_hotmail.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
                      As a player?
                      The Ferrule is odd isn't.
                      Cue is very short so that might firm up the hit.
                      If for playing you'd probably want the ferrule redone and a referb. So you'll be round the £200 mark. You might as well get a new custom cue.
                      Yes, that ferrule is very long, is that common on this make of cues to have such a long ferrule?
                      It was advertised as ivory, do you think it is true?
                      If it was real ivory, probably not a good idea to just take it off and replace it with a brass ferrule--the cue is only a bit longer than 56" anyway.
                      May be better buy it as a collectible than a player in my opinion.
                      But you just never know.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

If it helps anyone, I know the chap that's selling it and the cue will be exactly as described.

Comment

Working...
                        X