Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peradon Cues, Any good ?

http://www.peradon.co.uk/peradon2pc.htm

Ok it seems that everyone is happy to say, CRAP. Chinese Brand, dont buy. Havent really seen much help in actually knowing what a good brand of cue is. So asking again, peradon branded cues... any good ?.

Peradon are not a Chinese brand they are english made and feature grade a maple and either machine spliced or hand spliced solid wood butts. They have been making cues since 1885 so should have it right by now!

Visit the Billiards Boutique link above (banner) and see the full range in better detail.
    Watch Exclusive Snooker Live & On Demand
    Freeview Snooker TV channel

Comment

I've got a peradon Regency 2 piece it cost me about £70 - £80 at the time. I've had it 6 years and it's not really let me down. I've been thinking of getting another cue lately though. Mostly because I would like something lighter. I wasn't thinking of getting another peradon but I think for the money they are good.
      My friend has a prince that is very nice!!!
      If I was to do all again 6 years ago I would probably still get a peradon (I didn’t have the money to consider a £200 cue) but I would probably spend a little more and get a hand spliced one. The royal is a nice cue and is the cheapest out of the peradon hand spliced range. It’s cheaper because there’s no flash secondary splices but you don’t pot balls with splices!
      It looks great in maple (if you can find one)!
      Shop around though you see some big differences in price (maybe sort out a good discount from the teach)

Comment

All of our Peradon Cues are currently 15% off until August 31st. That is off marked prices, the shopping cart calculates the discount.

Comment

Ok, I have been looking at the site, But does it ship to australia, and if so, what sort of shipping charge am I looking at. I only have about $250AU which is 100 GBP in total to use, thats Cue + Shipping.

Comment

It is reasonably cheap to send a 2 piece cue because of the size shipping is a bit more of a problem with 1 or 3 piece cues.

2 piece cue to Australia would be 5 day service for £16.00, I can add the shipping option on the site if you are interested. Just sent a 1 piece cue out to Aus and it cost £62.00 for shipping!!!!

Comment

If you have that much to spend I would recommend the Classic which is a gorgeous cue for the price or the edwardian (the cue I play with) for a bit more. Remember 15% off during August so Classic is only £35.69 + delivery.

Comment

Shipping option on the site would be great. Not sure which Cue I want yet, But will certainly be looking over them again tonight. I'm keen to get one...

Think I might get the Peradon Monarch 2 pce Cue or maybe Peradon Regency 2 pce Cue + a case.

Comment

Hi Deza

I will add the shipping option tomorrow as I am home at present. The manarch and Regency are both fantastic looking cues. The monarch for me is better just because of the splicing.

Comment

I noticed you added the shipping, thanks. Though it's a little more then $16 lol. $40 and $75. Thats gunna make me rethink now which one I want.

Comment

My quote was £16.00 not $16.00, Purchase the cue you want and I will stick by my word and refund the difference in delivery to £16.00 means you can spend about £84.00 on the cue and they are all 15% off (The Peradon cue anyway).

This delivery is based on you purchasing a 2 piece cue.

Comment

Yeah, Didnt bother putting the £ sign, But i'm on the site right now, having a look again... Thanks...
                        I only have enough funds to pay for the £16.00 shipping and the Peradon Monarch 2 pce Cue.

Comment

Hi

I'm thinking about bying a new cue and i would like to know if any of you guys has a peradon earl or royal model? Any comments would be much appreciated !

Comment

I've got a regency but I've got friends who have the Earl and Royal modals!
                            The earl looks quite good but really it's the same cue underneeth as a Royal! You don't pot balls with Burr splices!
                            I would get a Royal if it was me, probably!

Comment

Hi Juza

The 2 cues you mention will generally play the same the difference in price is down to the decoration of the butt. The Earl has Thuya Burr front splice where as the Royal is just plain ebony. Both are hand spliced.

Comment

Working...
                              X