Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

think its time for an upgrade advice plz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think its time for an upgrade advice plz?

i currently play with a geordie supreme walnut which ive had for about 6+ years but im currently thinking about an upgrade as its not a top quality cue its got a 8.7 mill tip i dont no the official weight think its about 16/17 oz and it has a thin but.

i dont know much about cue's but i no my game im a flamboyent player on a pool table i rarely play a center ball shot lol and on snooker table im a boring steady player i go for whats available then play a cheeky safety or 2

i have a gd smooth cue action that i get commented on quite regular.

now due to playing with a cue with a thin butt i seem to not like thicker cues i have a price range of 150 ish but could be convinced to around 200 whats the cue for me? and what should i do??? advice would be greatly appreciated (from the right ppl obv)

thanks
    ian x

p.s is it advisable to play with 2 cues 1 for pool 1 for snooker i should i stick with the 1 cue?? :snooker:
    tha what!

Stick with standard spec's the only thing you really have to worry about is getting the correct lenght for you, but unless your not so tall the following should be fine

Lenght - 57 to 58inch long
    9mm Tip
    but size from 28 to 30, your pref
    Balance at 17inch from butt.
    You should be able to pick something up on this forum or try ebay..
    Good luck hope this helps:snooker::snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
      Stick with standard spec's the only thing you really have to worry about is getting the correct lenght for you, but unless your not so tall the following should be fine

Lenght - 57 to 58inch long
      9mm Tip
      but size from 28 to 30, your pref
      Balance at 17inch from butt.
      You should be able to pick something up on this forum or try ebay..
      Good luck hope this helps:snooker::snooker:
      ya im quite a tall fellow 6 1 ish but i play with an average length cue i also played with a friends cue other day that seemed to be weighted higher up the cue seemed to push the cue down on my hand more which i liked
      tha what!

Comment

I think someone was selling an omin . I know willytan has one for sale there was someone else aswell . Why dont you pm unclevit , and se what he,s got availale , Got to say his cues he,s sold here are lovely , and reasonable priced .

Comment

With regards to your height, I think the best thing to do is try a 58 and a 59,
          Unfortunatly unless you know someone who's owns a 59 it's unlikey you'll find a racker. With regards to the balance I've been playing with a cue balanced at 19, but I'm now going back to 17. I wouldn't go any more forward than 19 :snooker:

Comment

My advice is...Keep with what you have because 150-200 ain't going to get you a much improved cue from what you have already got.

If that's all you are spending ask ADR147 what he has in that price range or get something like a north west cue.
            Otherwise stop messing about with cheap cues pay a deposit on a better one (Parris ultimate/exclusive/paragon/special), Hunt and Oz green or black plate, top of range Trevor White etc etc) because by the time its ready (months) you will no doubt have the rest of the money and a cue to be proud of.:snooker:

If you are going to use a cue for both games just buy one with at least a 9 mill tip for snooker because anything less is really too small, and anything above 9 mill may seem strange to you on the pool table. Each to their own though this is just what I recommend.
            Last edited by 1lawyer; 8 April 2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
              My advice is...Keep with what you have because 150-200 ain't going to get you a much improved cue from what you have already got.

If that's all you are spending ask ADR147 what he has in that price range or get something like a north west cue.
              Otherwise stop messing about with cheap cues pay a deposit on a better one (Parris ultimate/exclusive/paragon/special), Hunt and Oz green or black plate, top of range Trevor White etc etc) because by the time its ready (months) you will no doubt have the rest of the money and a cue to be proud of.:snooker:

If you are going to use a cue for both games just buy one with at least a 9 mill tip for snooker because anything less is really too small, and anything above 9 mill may seem strange to you on the pool table. Each to their own though this is just what I recommend.

hmmm ive seen ppl with cues around the 150 mark that are really gd quality i picked my cue up for 100 quid with the case.

edit: also are those jp ultimate cues that gd??? ppl buy them then sell em for like twice the price why are they so gd??
              Last edited by ian046; 8 April 2010, 10:06 PM.
              tha what!

Comment

A cue is a cue really, its all personal pref.

Ask ADR147 what he has in stock, he is a guy you can trust on here for honest advice.

Comment

A cue is a cue really, its all personal pref.

Ask ADR147 what he has in stock, he is a guy you can trust on here for honest advice.
                  my facebook is suggesting i add andrew ramsey haha just seen the cue butt in his display and realised who it is lol
                  tha what!

Comment

Originally Posted by ian046 View Post
                    i currently play with a geordie supreme walnut which ive had for about 6+ years but im currently thinking about an upgrade as its not a top quality cue its got a 8.7 mill tip i dont no the official weight think its about 16/17 oz and it has a thin but.

i dont know much about cue's but i no my game im a flamboyent player on a pool table i rarely play a center ball shot lol and on snooker table im a boring steady player i go for whats available then play a cheeky safety or 2

i have a gd smooth cue action that i get commented on quite regular.

now due to playing with a cue with a thin butt i seem to not like thicker cues i have a price range of 150 ish but could be convinced to around 200 whats the cue for me? and what should i do??? advice would be greatly appreciated (from the right ppl obv)

thanks
                    ian x

p.s is it advisable to play with 2 cues 1 for pool 1 for snooker i should i stick with the 1 cue?? :snooker:
                    Hi i have a tony ions 3\4 cue length 58ins black ebony butt 9.5mm tip 18.5 to 19 oz make me an offer .

Comment

Originally Posted by mick 142 View Post
                      Hi i have a tony ions 3\4 cue length 58ins black ebony butt 9.5mm tip 18.5 to 19 oz make me an offer .
                      probs 2 heavy for me pal plus tip 2 big i would have to make major alterations 2 it how much u looking for????
                      tha what!

Comment

i wouldnt mind knowing what adr thinks hope he reads this thread lol are cues like the jp ultimate really worth the money lol
                        tha what!

Comment

For the money i have to say that i really like mastercraft and Craftsman cues . For £150 you will have a cracking cue and well worth the money .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                            For the money i have to say that i really like mastercraft and Craftsman cues . For £150 you will have a cracking cue and well worth the money .
                            my question is tho these 400-500 pound cues are they worth the coin you have to shell out for them??
                            tha what!

Comment

Well personally i would,nt pay that amount for a cue thats not saying their not worth it . After all they are master Craftsmen at the end of the day and you have to take into consideration the amount of time and effort that goes into their cues . So if your paying that to have a cue with fancy spicing ets , that is perfect in every way , then i suppose its woth it . Plus it,s one of the very few thing that will not lose value .

A good chippy will cost you £100 per day so whats the difference . But a cue from the above and a few others will be a damn good cue for the money .

Comment

Working...
                              X