Wow!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow!!!!!!

I am going to be devastated if this cue sells for the starting bid as I have sold 3 of these in superb condition for less than half the price for each 1.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BURROUGHES-and...6#ht_717wt_958
    Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
    I am going to be devastated if this cue sells for the starting bid as I have sold 3 of these in superb condition for less than half the price for each 1.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BURROUGHES-and...6#ht_717wt_958
    Hi Burwat was that your burwat champ on ebay the other week

Comment

No mate,

I havnt sold anything on ebay for ages.

Was it any good?

Comment

Ime not keen on the drilled hole in the badge, or the explanation of why its there

Comment

I know what you mean, Im not keen on the price full stop even if it was immaculate which its not it still would not be worth what is being asked.

Still good luck to him if he gets it!

Comment

No mate,

I havnt sold anything on ebay for ages.

Was it any good?
            Yes looking at the pics it wa a very fine example indeed . Wanted £280 but it didnt sell . A little overpriced i think , but was perfect .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              Yes looking at the pics it wa a very fine example indeed . Wanted £280 but it didnt sell . A little overpriced i think , but was perfect .
              For me to consider paying that type of money for a Burwat it would need to be either:

A) Perfect Maple example
              or
              B) Originally made at 18oz ash or maple (perfect example)

Comment

For me to consider paying that type of money for a Burwat it would need to be either:

A) Perfect Maple example
                or
                B) Originally made at 18oz ash or maple (perfect example)
                What prices do good examples go for about £ 200-240 is it

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                  What prices do good examples go for about £ 200-240 is it

Id say that's about right, however I have never paid more than £175 for a Burwat and the 2 I bought for that amount were perfect.

The thing with Burwats is although in my opinion they are best design of the collectable cues they are quite common and you can easily find a great example at a reasonable price if you put a bit of effort in, a lot of people though will buy the first one they come across as they have it in their head they want a Burwat and they assume because they are collectable they are hard to come by.

Truth is there is no need to buy a sub standard Burwat champion, now a madamme strebor would be another story

Comment

Id say that's about right, however I have never paid more than £175 for a Burwat and the 2 I bought for that amount were perfect.

The thing with Burwats is although in my opinion they are best design of the collectable cues they are quite common and you can easily find a great example at a reasonable price if you put a bit of effort in, a lot of people though will buy the first one they come across as they have it in their head they want a Burwat and they assume because they are collectable they are hard to come by.

Truth is there is no need to buy a sub standard Burwat champion, now a madamme strebor would be another story
                    Ye i liked the design and have always wanted one but have,nt found one at the right price or right specs , never know one day . how much do those madamme strebor,s go for b, neve seen one of those .

Comment

If I had a Strebor to sell right now I would take about £700 for it.

Comment

If I had a Strebor to sell right now I would take about £700 for it.
                        What's that special about a Strebor?
                        Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

Originally Posted by ore View Post
                          What's that special about a Strebor?
                          Its as rare as rocking horse poo!

Comment

Does the last picture look like a perfectus?

Comment

Working...
                            X