• Show
Clear All

why woul JP want to customise that and taint his reputation
    i certainly would not if I was a cuemaker of that repute

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
      why woul JP want to customise that and taint his reputation
      i certainly would not if I was a cuemaker of that repute
      well if a customer came in, paid you to add a joint to his one piece cue, and wants one of your "customised" plate, could you say no? Afterall it's only a "customised" plate which means John Parris have done "modification" to the cue, nothing more nothing less... although it can confuse some ebayers to pay more...

Comment

Maybe Johns job was to remove spray-painted splicing design to bring the ash to full beauty...
        I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Where do you draw the line between a cue being classed a custom .

I know of a case where a person picked their own shaft and sent it to J P to add a butt veneer annd splices , yet the cue is marked up as a custom . I would have thought this would not be the case . It was still entirely made by him .

Comment

Originally Posted by lk8 View Post
            well if a customer came in, paid you to add a joint to his one piece cue, and wants one of your "customised" plate, could you say no? Afterall it's only a "customised" plate which means John Parris have done "modification" to the cue, nothing more nothing less... although it can confuse some ebayers to pay more...
            yes, you have the right to say no
            especially considering what a badge is now doingb to a broomstick.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
              yes, you have the right to say no
              especially considering what a badge is now doingb to a broomstick.
              From my understand, John will ask if you wanna have his customized disc (10 pound) on your cue when you send your cue for alterations.

But from the look of this ebay cue, i highly believe that it wasnt done by JP, simply bcos the space ard the disc is too big. The seller must have taken out the previous disc badge n have it replaced with a JP badge.

Comment

Working...
              X