X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice...never notice the grains on maple before

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
      Thanks ashbash, I asked trevor to select a dark piece of ash for me and from the looks of it he has, From what I can see the cue is exactly what I asked for. You can't ask for more than that.

Hi i spoke to Trevor about the ash and is is his comments back.

Regarding the dark grain, well, that's just how many cues are finished, with the grain being enhanced to show it more clearly, as ash is a pretty visible and open grained timber. This does not 'have' to be done this way and can be finished more pale if you preferred it, it's just that the overwhelming majority of players tend to like the bolder appearance of the grain on show. There is no ash which is like this naturally, as ash is a pale off white to pinkish cream coloured wood, sometimes with darker greeny-brown streaks (especially in the centre of wider boards where the wood is older) in it.
      It NEVER has dark brown or black growth rings or grain, that's just how it is finished and is no indicator of the quality of the timber. I hope that clears that up for you.

Comment

Where can I find Trevor's official website, does he have one?
        2010 China Open number of centuries prediction contest winner!
        2010 China Open Final prediction contest winner!
        2011 Welsh Open fantasy game winner!

Comment

Originally Posted by levon View Post
          Where can I find Trevor's official website, does he have one?
          No website mate, try this email address trevor (dot )white( at )virgin(dot)net mind be patient it will take a while for Trevor to get back to you.

Comment

Trevor confirmed my order at the start of Jan this year, and now it's almost end of april,
            i ve sent him a few emails no reply, and I dont have his contact number.

can someone please tell me, does Trevor normally take that long to make a cue???

Comment

At least 6months mate..

and some longer than that...

Comment

Originally Posted by SebastianZ View Post
                Trevor confirmed my order at the start of Jan this year, and now it's almost end of april,
                i ve sent him a few emails no reply, and I dont have his contact number.

can someone please tell me, does Trevor normally take that long to make a cue???
                Be more patience in your TW cue.
                Did he not tell you how long the waiting time for your cue?
                If cue is 8-12weeks, then you must be prepare to add extra 4weeks for Murphy's law.
                For your information, if your order is confirmed during Jan 2010, you be lucky to see the product by "end" June 2010.

Comment

Got some more pictures of my cue from trevor, The brillient white on the maple has gone due to the oiling of the cue but I'm still very happy. You can see the shaft in full now. Just what to get my hands on it and start playing. since ordering the cue some four months ago I haven't been able to focus on my game, I feel like I'm in limbo.
                  Last edited by cazmac1; 7 February 2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

pictures as promised
                    Last edited by cazmac1; 7 February 2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

The grain looks excellent . The maple looks very good as well . Not long now . Then you can show me how you play with it . I will hopefully be able to see by then as well !!!
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                      X