Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cue

Greetings

I had a really nice secondhand machine made 1 piece powerglide cue as a lad with a small tip 9mm or less, anyway to cut a long story short it got stolen by a football hooligan and wrapped round a Barnsley fans head!::

I replaced it with a 2 piece Powerglide Rex Williams conniseur but never really got one with it, not sure if it was the larger tip or being 2 piece.

Should I get a new cue? Get the rex williams tapered and retipped?

Is the Rex worth anything on the used market to help fund a new cue?

Thanks
    Steve180
    Cues for swap/sale
    Powerglide Purist 3/4
    Peradon Anniversary 1 piece

if it's possible try out more cues and see if it helps. You can try get a new one

Comment

mmm the tip is at least 15 years old do they degrade?
      Steve180
      Cues for swap/sale
      Powerglide Purist 3/4

Comment

cues for sale

got at the moment
        1pc unique cue from thailand with mini butt spec 57.5 17.05 1pc 9ml elk ..
        also mastercue champion ..machine spliced 3/4 cue mini butt included has thurston badge.. 58 around 18.0z with 9.5ml
        also leatherette 1pc case from craftsman

Comment

Cheers not particularly looking to buy on here though want to try before I buy. Its only a few quid to get retipped and tapered so looking at that option.
          Steve180
          Cues for swap/sale
          Powerglide Purist 3/4

Comment

Actually that said if anyone was selling something local I could try first. I'll put a post in the correct forum
            Steve180
            Cues for swap/sale
            Powerglide Purist 3/4

Comment

It's most likely the larger tip causing the problem, obviously as changing tip size means you have to get used to how hard and where to hit the ball to get the same amount of spin etc. I had the same problem and got the cue tapered, feels just like it used to before my old cue broke. It was only £10 including re-tip so I'd try that first as it's the cheapest option.
              Must of been a kick

Comment

Working...
              X