No announcement yet.

Graham Dott's New Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job guys, thanks, I suspected that it may have been a Robert Osborne cue, what length is it?? given Graham's size and length of arms I think around 55" would be right for him. Hope his cold clears up, good to see him play well again, Allen will pose a formidable task to his further progress this year, still, certainly not beyond him to get through. I read a little further on in the thread that a few guys think Mark Allens cue was either H&O or Parris, the one he used when we played last year which looked exactly the same as he is using now was a Master Cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rugbyballs View Post
      Robert Osbourne showed me Dotts old cue as well, could nt believe it, it was an Andrew Gibbs, about 53 inches and an 8.5 mm tip !!
      It had desease running through it and loads of splinters along the shaft, amazing really that he won the worlds with it. Just shows how talented these guys really are, you d think they would have the very best.

The same time i was there Rob showed me 3/4 cues he was taking to Ronnie to tryout, including the one he is using now with the 4 olive splices. To my knowledge thats Allen, Stevens, Ronnie and Dott all using Hunt/Osbournes now.
      I thought that Stevens cue had a new butt made by Robert and was not an Original Osborne cue . I remember that someone was working on his cue and they managed to split the butt .Then Robert repaired it .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        I thought that Stevens cue had a new butt made by Robert and was not an Original Osborne cue . I remember that someone was working on his cue and they managed to split the butt .Then Robert repaired it .
        stevens cue is a hunt obyrne.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks for that Andrew . Assume then if he is still using the one with the Red / orange splices on it [ Not sure on wood type !]. The cue was orignally a Hunt & O'Bryne that has been repaired .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Rugbyballs View Post
            Robert Osbourne showed me Dotts old cue as well, could nt believe it, it was an Andrew Gibbs, about 53 inches and an 8.5 mm tip !!
            It had desease running through it and loads of splinters along the shaft, amazing really that he won the worlds with it. Just shows how talented these guys really are, you d think they would have the very best.

The same time i was there Rob showed me 3/4 cues he was taking to Ronnie to tryout, including the one he is using now with the 4 olive splices. To my knowledge thats Allen, Stevens, Ronnie and Dott all using Hunt/Osbournes now.
            Do you mean 3 to 4 cues or 3/4 cues for Ronnie to see.
            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Working...
            X