is it possible. (cue splices)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible. (cue splices)

this may be a silly question, but i figured i would ask it.. after seeing whufcarls cue.. it got me thinking about my cue and how i could personalize is..

at the moment its a standard regal cue (john parris), i was thinking about getting it lightened slightly...its 19.4oz and maybe dropping an oz, i know a friend had his done from 20-19ounces... but the main thing i was thinking... how feasible would it be to add some funky colours and spruce up the butt of my cue?

i want to make it a bit cooler like whufcarls haha

thanks
    what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

i spoke to John a while back about changing my Ambassador, before i ordered my TW, and he said they can redo the butt in whatever design I wanted by resplicing it.
    Give him a call and I am sure he can do pretty much whatever u want done to your cue. except laser targettin of course lol

ps, glad my design has given u inspiration lol
    Highest Match Break - 77
    Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
    Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

haha id say your design has made me a bit jealous haha...i wonder how much it would cost... did he give you any guestimate prices?

Comment

if you look on his site at the custom cue section, it tells u what they charge for the dif splices. he told me to look at that and then u can get an idea. if u want it changed completely, then u prob need to go for the 4 splices options, but someone on here who makes cues, ie. mike, dan etc, might be able to advise a bit better
        best bet is to ring JP tho as he will know exactly what he can n cant do and prices
        Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

get a new butt made that way you can sell it as a normal cue when you need to!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

not a bad idea...

idont really know how it works, i was contemplating getting my girlfriend to design me something (shes a graphic designer) but looking around i dont think its possible to have a "design" as such, only just random colours in the splice of wood

so not sure as of yet...

Comment

use mikes vcm, that shows wat u can and cant do with a cue design.
              there are limitations obviously, but u can make something personalised, like i did
              Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

where can i find said mikes vcm? lol

Comment

could always try mikes website.... lol
                  www.handmadecues.com
                  u will need to register first tho
                  Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

lol sorry, i was unaware of the website...i will check it out thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X