Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you heard of this brand and know where to contact them? YEUTE

Any information please

I'm just putting 2 + 2 together here and maybe making 5, but, it seems to me that maybe Yeute may be something to do with UT?
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your help mate... I have had a look at some pictures of UT cues and although they come from proboably the same part in the world as a yeute (thailand) the logo just isnt the same. I think I am going to have to approach someone with oriental blood and who plays snooker at some point in the future to try and shed some light. It seems strange that a mate saw a chinese guy at the northern snooker centre wearing a t-shirt with the same logo my cue has and yet I cant find naff all on google etc. I bet ding knows something lol.. Cheers for the reply thought. Lewis

Comment

Im originally from Beijing originally i have never heard of the name, but i havent lived there since i was a kid. however just gramatically the UTE part doesnt sound very Mandarin, it does sound more south asian, maybe Thailand. When your mate said he saw a chinese guy did he actually find out if he was chinese or was he just oriental looking???

Comment

I think my friend just made a pressumtion the guy wearing the t -shirt was chinese or he may have known that he was from China. I dont really know. The Y in Yeute has a small dot inbetween the two diagonal lines of the Y if that helps grammatically speaking. If the cue was not of the quality that it is 3/4 split and a screw in extension I would proboabllly not be trying too hard to track down the makers. It was given to my father by an oldish guy who coaches pro golfers and he had it given to him by a golfer who apparently got it given by a pro snooker player. This sounds like a well heard story lol but I know that the first half of it is true for definate and added that snooker and golf are similar sports in a lot of senses I have no reason to doubt that the second half is true. Even so, the guy wearing the t-shirt is like the smell of fish and chips but not been able to find the resaurant.... if that makes sense. My next step will be to take the butt of the cue or a picture of the written logo into my local thai takeaway next time I order to hear what the people say in there.

Regards
          Lewis

Comment

why dont you take a few pics and post them on here, may help ?

Comment

I'll try get some pics this weekend..

Comment

This is new information on my problem.....Having taken another few looks at the cue and with the help of my grandad(he spotted it) i have come to the conclusion the make is not yeute but is elite..having got the L and I letter confused for an O. So my next question... Any body heard of this brand ELITE?

Comment

Actually confusing l and i for u.

Comment

Hate to ask, but did the Chinese guy also have ELITE on his t-shirt or is he still YEUTE?

And what became of the Y with the dot?

Comment

Ye this dude with the t-shirt...Well I met this guy at my club about a month back,,turned out I am mates with his older bro..we had a frame or two and got round to the makes of cues we had..he has a mint craftsman and is keen,,so the next time we met he said he saw an 'oriental' looking chap at the northern sporting a t-shirt with this at the time we thought was yeute but am now certain is elite. The lettering is so close together that the letters L AND I look to join up to make a U. The letters are set at a diagolal(italics) and the Y i presssumed must of been part of the Yeute but its diagoonal down line was making up the line down of the E aswell. but i think that its just a diagonal line down towards the bottom right of the butt with a dot as part of the logo. Blagged though cos I cant find owt on web that looks anything like this logo/.lettering style. Maybe too old to be made anymore.

Comment

Just seen ure flag northerner on the screen.. well actually the word under it thailand..It is still a possibility that it is Yeute..I reckon I should just get some pics up.

Comment

Could it be a powerglide?
                          The names at the bottom plates on those
                          excalibur/executive had the kind of
                          lettering you described

Comment

Working...
                          X