Cue Length??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Length??

Well im buying a new cue soon, and because i dont know much about snooker im unsure what length i will need. I am 5 ft 11' and am 15 years old so i am still growing. I am currently using a 57inch cue and i am not sure if its too short or not. How long should the cue be ideally if i am 5 ft 11'?

length of ur arms will obv be a factor but also how far u like to cue from ur bridge an also how far back along the butt u grip. When ur buying ur cue if its an option u are best visiting the store/manufacturer an practice wid diferent lengths

Comment

Good advice above

Comment

Worth trying some but a standard length cue should be fine for you 57/58"
        I'm 6ft and got a 58" I used a 57" for years too.

Comment

All of the tall players that I have played with, over many years, have used the standard size cues - 57/58 inches.
          :snooker:

Comment

I don't have the longest arms, and I'm 5'8"... I use a 57.5" cue... and for me, it's fine...

Why not try out some rack cues at your local club? The weight etc might be a bit off... but you'll get an idea of how it feels to hold a cue at the end of the butt if it's a 57 or 55" cue... ( for accuracy, have a tape measure with you if you can )

I think most cue makers have the standard length listed as 57". As long as you practice enough and stick with it... you'll adapt much better than you think ( all in the mind etc ).

Good luck with your choice.

Comment

Im 6'7" and not a brilliant player and have been looking for a longer cue but it seems all the cheap ones are 57". All the 60" ones seem to be cutom made and quite expensive i curse my hight some times

Comment

think ill probably go for a 58 inch then, give me an inch bit longer which may help, especially as im still growing.

Ive just found the PERFECT cue, OH MY GOD I LOVE THE WOOD ON IT.

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalog/info_24.html

Comment

Originally Posted by monkey View Post
                  think ill probably go for a 58 inch then, give me an inch bit longer which may help, especially as im still growing.

nothing wrong with that cue

Comment

When i was searching for a cue that was one of the ones that caught my eye amongst many others

Comment

I would also give you the Advice to either Visit a Good Cue Maker and Try a Good Few Cues til you find one that Feels right in Weight/Length/Tip Size etc.

If you are too far away from Good Cue Maker then goto your Local Snooker Hall/Club and bring your measuring Tape and Kitchen Scales so you can try a few and know Roughly what you Need.

Hope this Helps.

Comment

Nice choice.

Comment

I agree with you there mate.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hmmm my mate has one of those not quite as nice as the one in the picture mind.
                            Another point very long cues play funny and break.
                            Two lads on my team have or had very long cues 60" or more at first. Both down to 58" with damage.

Comment

Most players get on fine with a cue between 57” (145cm and 58” (147cm) long.
                              The main functions of variation on cue length are length of arms, stance, straight or bent bridge arm, preferred; length of cue past your bridge when cueing. The best way to check this is to get someone to help you with a tape measure. With 1” (2.5cm) of butt protruding past the little finger of the hand you hold the cue. Take up your normal hand on table cueing stance, make sure your forearm (hand to elbow) of your cueing arm is vertical (90o to floor).Holding this position you should have 12” (30.5cm) of cue past the vie of your bridge hand, This will give you enough cue for a full cue action and a little extra with the spare 1” (2.5cm) past your cueing hand to use for power and deep screw shots.
                              The 12” (30.5cm) measurement can be varied for players that prefer a particularly long or short bridge, but in general this is a good guide.

Comment

Working...
                              X