Robin Cook X LK.T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Cook X LK.T

Dear guys,still remember my Robin Cook...
    I pass the cue to LK.T to get some change.
    Target: 18oz - 17~17.5oz , 56.5" - 56"
    But the lead inside my cue located in 13.5"
    So we can't take the lead form base joint.
    Anyway,Don't want to talk anymore.Show TIME!!!!!!!!!!

14/5 Photo Update:

Enjoy~~~
    Last edited by brother4; 14 May 2010, 08:28 AM.
    "要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
    it means
    "If u want to have a extraordinary life,u must have a extraordinary devote"

very nice, support!

Comment

Wao.. very fine and nice work there mate .. Is it LK.T services expensive ?
      Really nice Robin mate

Comment

What a great job by Mr.Tsang!!!

Comment

His craftsmanship is second to none, either is his price. His cues always have a very thick taper they are too stiff to play snooker. The prices of his cues are from 10£ to 1680£, can you imagine that.

conclusion, not so bad cues but overpriced

Comment

At this moment,LK.T got new Snooker Version.
            More Thin and more suitable for snooker.
            "要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
            it means

Comment

Originally Posted by brother4 View Post
              At this moment,LK.T got new Snooker Version.
              More Thin and more suitable for snooker.
              Awesome mod on your cue brother4!

Comment

So, now you have the only Robin Cook cue with inlays Good for you.
                By the way, is it just the picture or are your inlays a bit more yellowish than the maple used by Robin for the veneers?
                I am just wondering (and it is just my own opinion) have you considered using cocobolo instead of maple as inlays?
                Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.
                You are so good at marketing. I am sure LK.T will become a very popular brand in HK in no time. Good job.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Oh...Long time no chat,Airin~~~>3<
                  That is not Maple inlays,that is BOXWOOD.
                  As u know boxwood will going more gold when it used.

That is not MARKETING,it's my NEED!!!
                  Coz Robin have been made a little bit problem.
                  I need to fix it,I don't want to waste the cue.
                  "要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
                  it means

Comment

I thnk boxwood is just fine. Cocobolo turns dark very soon and your nice little pattern will become blurry. Mr. Tsang is a true lover of wood and cares so much for his customers but doesn't like maeketing for his cues. So people normally don't understand why his cues are so expensive. But they will know if they have tried them. Awesome!

Normally, cuemakers charge on how many splicings you want but Mr. Tsang charges on quality of shaft you order, The pricng strategy is somewhat like that of Hunt & Osborne's. LK.T will be my ultimate choice for sure.

Comment

Cant find there website. Any link?
                      Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Asi, it is www.lktchina.com

Comment

Originally Posted by brother4 View Post
                          Oh...Long time no chat,Airin~~~>3<
                          That is not Maple inlays,that is BOXWOOD.
                          As u know boxwood will going more gold when it used.

That is not MARKETING,it's my NEED!!!
                          Coz Robin have been made a little bit problem.
                          I need to fix it,I don't want to waste the cue.
                          O, I see. I have never seen boxwood used on a cue before. I have only seen it used on chess pieces and some violin parts.

I mentioned cocobolo just because personally I like things that are more subtle. Coming from a pool cue background when I choose an inlay I like something which echos with the rest of the cue. If I were to do it, I may choose to use a shape which resembles a Robin Hood (the bird) in cocobolo, that is just so that it echos with the maker and the wood used in the cue. This is not meant to be a critizism, just my own opinion.

I think you are doing a great job in promoting snooker cue makers and snooker cues in HK. It is inspiring to see someone displaying so much passion in his work. I also want to mention that I really like the advice you offered me last time during our MSN conversation. Thank you.:-)

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures.
                          Last edited by poolqjunkie; 11 May 2010, 08:27 PM.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Brother4, I am well impressed with Mr T's craftmanship. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Is there any other way Mr. T would suggest if one wants to reduce the weight without affecting the look of the cue?
                              It is not something I would do on such a beautiful cue, but I know a lot of American pool cue makers would use gun drilling to bore out the butt and then core it with another kind of wood of a lower density. This way you can have better control on the resulting weight and balance because you can choose what wood to insert and how long it is and so on. You can also conserve the original appearance of the cue.
                              Did Mr. T do it this way because he was not able to drill that deep( 13.5") or did you request to have it done this way? Juts curious...
                              Last edited by poolqjunkie; 11 May 2010, 11:35 PM.
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                              X