JX cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by TT_andaman View Post
    I agree with you, unclevit, that mostly we need our skill to play better. However, from my experience, I found that you must feel confident about your cue first and then just keep concentration on your game. My first cue was "cue craft". I had it from England back in 1995. Then I changed it to Omin that I bought second hand. The maximum break that I did with my cue craft was 97 but this omin gave me the maximum of 40 or something. I found that the tip size and weight were different. Then I changed to the new cue made by South cue maker at cheap price. However, I did not feel comfortable with it. Now, I have my new Omin climax and feel really great with it. Even I could not get to play like before but the feeling is really good. :snooker:

So it is hard to find the best cue unless you have a try on it first.
    Totally agree to your inputs Last Saturday night I practiced with my friend. He used to own expensive cue custom made for him. Left it behind for about 3 weeks, and now he is using Omin 1-pc rack cue offer by the club (for 3 weeks time). I just played with him and he played much better than a month ago. He said he is familiar with this rack cue and planning to buy this cue from the club, and sell his previous custom made. Yes, one has to feel good when holding/playing his cue, while the beautiful splices, shaft grain, can give more confidence, but not necessary all the times. I collect custom cues and keep them in my house. Now I am back to old Omin's Classic that I bought in 1999 and came back to the game with it (I stopped playing for many many years). Developing the score+ at the moment
    It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by ferros View Post
      Anyone knows something about quality of Jx cues? I found it on ebay, but dunno nothing about them:
      http://stores.ebay.pl/JX-Professional-Snooker-Pool-Cues
      If....(a) you can win it at P.30 total delivered (b) if you have a fairly good snooker basics - not real starter (c) if you are not planning to enter the Crusible tournaments..... Go Ahead and buy it.....the Set is already worth the money spent. I am getting a set JX17 and my niece is taking it back to me..from London. Her friend plays good snooker, and he says it's a good cue, but not good enough if I want to go for World tournaments. P.30 is less than what you paid for a normal dinner, and much much less than a custom cue that you are also not sure if it fits you (But yes I do buy custom cues these days, why ? I do it for my collection hobby) Remember Hendry winning many World tournaments in the past with cheap Powerslide or something that costed him a meal equivalent ?
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by pooliebell View Post
        hi i bought 6 jx cues for £1 each plus £15 p+p sold them to friends at no profit with the idea the cases were worth more than i paid for package
        got mixture of 1/2 and 3/4 cues with mini but they where fine enought quality but i want something a bit more substantial but if you can bid and get for the price i did i would recommend trying one
        Andy
        That is a sound investment. There are many threads talking about Chinese-made cues these days. If I am correct, plenty of branded cues these days are manufactured from China, except those famous UK and Thailand cue makers, that you can totally rely on, but don't know if the cues will fit each player, or not, when finished. I just love good cue that fits my playing style, and don't mind where they come from. Some Chinese cues are very good, good and as well a piece of broomstick
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by brother4 View Post
          If u interest in JX,why dont u interest of my LP?
          Please pm me the links to your cue page. I might be of interest to try a set (there is a challenge in my playing group that each of us will be playing cheap cue for a month and see if we can improve our skills on it - on the condition that each one of us can pick their own cue tip brand/model)
          It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by karkit1028 View Post
            i am a chinese and jx is chinese cue...
            but i personally would recommend you not to get one...

i have tried a few...
            obviously they got the basic skills to make cues... (as if they were furniture...?)
            but it's the quality of the raw materials and the details of the cue that would dissatisfy u...
            this is a common problem in chinese cues...

to me, the one credible chinese cue at the moment is LK.T!!!
            he was a very experienced carpenter...
            great source of material (shaft)...
            turn wood into art~

heard tht another brand called D.I.K. is quite good as well~

stay away from unknown brands as well...
            my friend got a cue from ebay... it came with painted splices...
            played even worse than a broom stick...
            it's just a cue-like object...
            Hi. Please pm links to those brands. I collect all brands possible, and don't mind to try these brands. Tks
            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
              Just one simple principle, if you are willing to pay over 200-300quids, you can get a cue with good craftsmanship.

If you can afford only 100 quid or so, whatever JX or diamond , are available but with bad craftsmanship.

Both cues can produce good play results for a good player.

I sold a ebay JX cue to a local club player and he does not know it was JX as the badge was broken, and made a break of 117 in a league match. I could not even make a 50 with it. It the skills required really.
              Totally agree on the JX cue. With P.200 you can get 2 good sets of Chinese cues, and one tournament quality Omin or Mastercue (not too many splices version)
              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
              X