Clear All

Originally Posted by karkit1028 View Post
    got it from the forum of master cue agent in china

http://mastercue.com.cn/bbs/UploadFi...0225918470.jpg
    http://mastercue.com.cn/bbs/UploadFi...0232118122.jpg
    http://mastercue.com.cn/bbs/UploadFi...0233585953.jpg
    http://mastercue.com.cn/bbs/UploadFi...0234925288.jpg
    http://mastercue.com.cn/bbs/UploadFi...3024230733.jpg

u are right, their joint is a bit special...
    he used it for years already, they are gd joints
    see if i can get some pics of it
    Thank you.
    The joint looks like some kind of recessed invisible joint but I cannot get a close up.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

When is bonfire night?

Comment

is welsh pool trading not good craftmanship for 125 pounds?

http://www.welshpooltrading.co.uk/

Comment

I've got a custom welshpool cue and I love it. Cant recommend them enough

Mine was 160 with a Solid Tulipwood mini butt.

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...Snooker%20Cue/
          Heres osme pictures of my cue
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

not seen that cue RGC...mmmmmmm tulip wood.

Personally out of the 'cheaper end' market I'd go with a handmade cue from North West Cues.

Comment

How much is a North West cue?
              I thought they were more expensive than WPT etc.?
              And thats why I linked... i figured some peopel might have got fed up of seeing it -.-

Comment

I think they are under 200 quid. I have never bought a new one. Mine was second hand and I paid 90 pounds.
                Last edited by 1lawyer; 24 May 2009, 10:50 PM.

Comment

that cue looka great rgc

when did you buy it? they are asking 140 squids for the same set right now.

and what is that small table you have set up in there? some kind of billiards?

Comment

I recieved mine at the end of march for my 21st birthday.

And the table is a bar billiards table. Its an old pub game and you only play from the front of the table so it requires much less room than a pool table. Over the summer i need to build the ball retrieval rails underneath the bed again and it needs a new cloth.

Comment

anyone knows: what cues do the most famous plays use ?

like title.

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...t=11586&page=8

Comment

Originally Posted by pooliebell View Post
                          hi i bought 6 jx cues for £1 each plus £15 p+p sold them to friends at no profit with the idea the cases were worth more than i paid for package
                          got mixture of 1/2 and 3/4 cues with mini but they where fine enought quality but i want something a bit more substantial but if you can bid and get for the price i did i would recommend trying one
                          Andy
                          My friend got one JX cue, paid for P.25 shipped to UK. Miracle ! It's a good one, well balanced and made good. He did a lot of charities these days, so this might be his lucky reason
                          It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by karkit1028 View Post
                            i am a chinese and jx is chinese cue...
                            but i personally would recommend you not to get one...

i have tried a few...
                            obviously they got the basic skills to make cues... (as if they were furniture...?)
                            but it's the quality of the raw materials and the details of the cue that would dissatisfy u...
                            this is a common problem in chinese cues...

to me, the one credible chinese cue at the moment is LK.T!!!
                            he was a very experienced carpenter...
                            great source of material (shaft)...
                            turn wood into art~

heard tht another brand called D.I.K. is quite good as well~

stay away from unknown brands as well...
                            my friend got a cue from ebay... it came with painted splices...
                            played even worse than a broom stick...
                            it's just a cue-like object...
                            From my experience, there are hundreds of chinese cue makers, but only a few good ones. Good balancing technique comes from good cue maker. I like Omin and Mastercue, and glad that their factories are very near to my house. lol
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
                              Just one simple principle, if you are willing to pay over 200-300quids, you can get a cue with good craftsmanship.

If you can afford only 100 quid or so, whatever JX or diamond , are available but with bad craftsmanship.

Both cues can produce good play results for a good player.

I sold a ebay JX cue to a local club player and he does not know it was JX as the badge was broken, and made a break of 117 in a league match. I could not even make a 50 with it. It the skills required really.
                              10/10 to you
                              I did 80+ break the first time/2nd frame that I used my 102 Heritage 2-pc cue !! Paid for P.50 shipped to Thailand. This cue can match with what I used to do from my 3 times higher priced cues !! It's the player, mostly.
                              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                                10/10 to you
                                I did 80+ break the first time/2nd frame that I used my 102 Heritage 2-pc cue !! Paid for P.50 shipped to Thailand. This cue can match with what I used to do from my 3 times higher priced cues !! It's the player, mostly.
                                I agree with you, unclevit, that mostly we need our skill to play better. However, from my experience, I found that you must feel confident about your cue first and then just keep concentration on your game. My first cue was "cue craft". I had it from England back in 1995. Then I changed it to Omin that I bought second hand. The maximum break that I did with my cue craft was 97 but this omin gave me the maximum of 40 or something. I found that the tip size and weight were different. Then I changed to the new cue made by South cue maker at cheap price. However, I did not feel comfortable with it. Now, I have my new Omin climax and feel really great with it. Even I could not get to play like before but the feeling is really good. :snooker:

So it is hard to find the best cue unless you have a try on it first.

Comment

Working...
                                X