Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jonnylovessn8ker View Post
    brilliantly said. cannot agree more.

i genuinely one thing that truly plagues our sport is that we have tuned to a more technical focus, which ironically is also the thing that makes so many good players too. its not just the mechanic bits. but also the fact that you cant find anything different amongst the players. they are also the same. same "standard" grip, same "standard" stance, and so on.

it doesnt make the players or the game boring. but it makes it less exciting at times by being less distinctive. there arent enough outliers.

with regards to cues, i see it as it being all about comfort zones and affording for it. its not like we can purchase a set of cues with all the different combinations of specs, let alone all the combination of woods and combinations of splice styles.

i dont think its about being non-conformist or not. i think its merely about comfort zones. innovation and improvement stems from walking out of them, seeking new territory, and reaching new heights.
    Well, I think the players are quite different.
    There are many types of grips, stance and so on when I watched them on youtube.
    You can try to creat something new when you want to improve; but you can also work on improving existing design and method of construction and material to making a cue better.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Harv View Post
      Well my 59" is coming from Trevor White and he didn't seem to think it would be a problem.
      Well there a few factors to consider and wood stiffness, taper and tip size play a difference.

The three long cues I've used have all been whippy which is fine if you like it but they have all snapped. One was 61" the other two 60". Two broke completely off at the ferrule one just cracked.
      One cue my mate had was 60" snapped, then was 59" snapped, then was 58" (this had a small tip too though)

But if Trevor says it's fine cool but I would say any longer is asking for trouble. I think a cuemaker once said on here that he thought cues played funny when long. Might of been Mike W not sure though.

Comment

yeah Mike says 58" max really.

I have a good bit of background with this, with my height it's always been hard finding a good cue. I had a custom peradon made which iirc was 61", which to most people is far too long, I played very well with it for 5 or so years. About 2 years ago I thought i'd give 58" another try as its a more standard length etc so had a Mike Wooldridge cue done. I've played ok with that for two years but I do feel slightly longer would be better for me. hence the TW cue at 59" lol
        My Flickr

Comment

You really need to just go with what you feel most comfortable with imo.
          If it is a well balanced and constructed cue I think it is fine.
          This game is largely mental and I believe you need to have confidence in your equipment in order to perform your best especially under pressure.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
          X