Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you go if you wanted splices added to the butt of you cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you go if you wanted splices added to the butt of you cue?

Who would you recommend me choosing to carry out this work on my cue?

Anyone been in this situation before and wasnt sure where to go?:snooker:

youv'e made a 147 and want splices adding ???

Comment

Well any of the top cue makers will do a first class job , its just a matter of their waiting time .

Comment

Dan Sheldon in oxford is meant to be really good,

Comment

North West Cues, took just over a week and did a great job. The splices cost £60.
          #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Hunt and Osborne in London if you're down south. Just because he's got 147 in his name doesn't mean he's had a 147 flame!
            I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
              Hunt and Osborne in London if you're down south. Just because he's got 147 in his name doesn't mean he's had a 147 flame!
              look at his profile,it says highest break 147,that's why i mentioned it.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                Well any of the top cue makers will do a first class job , its just a matter of their waiting time .
                agree with hotpot, and i'll go with my heart

Comment

hmm what has 147 got to do with me getting my cue spliced? does it have an impact on playability of the cue that much?

Comment

Originally Posted by aussie147 View Post
                    hmm what has 147 got to do with me getting my cue spliced? does it have an impact on playability of the cue that much?
                    Maybe, maybe not. Adding splices could affect the weight, balance and probably the feel of the cue. I think what flame was getting at is, if isn't broke why fix it?

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                      Maybe, maybe not. Adding splices could affect the weight, balance and probably the feel of the cue. I think what flame was getting at is, if isn't broke why fix it?
                      exactly what i meant.

Comment

pretty much just because i want the cue to look better rather than just the plain ebony butt and i have seen many designs and different woods on other threads that i like.

Comment

Originally Posted by aussie147 View Post
                          pretty much just because i want the cue to look better rather than just the plain ebony butt and i have seen many designs and different woods on other threads that i like.
                          just my opinion,i would leave your playing cue as it is.what cue do you play with.

Comment

I think we should see cues as tools rather than pieces of art, just play with them and if they play well, leave them alone.

Its the same with guitarists, and other hobbies. The internet has a lot to answer for as we have so much access to see what else is about.

By the way I'm not preaching because I'm just as bad, I'm also looking at cues on ebay
                            Steve180
                            Cues for swap/sale
                            Powerglide Purist 3/4
                            Peradon Anniversary 1 piece

Comment

Sorry flame, my bad.

I have to agree with Steve180 and flame when they say don't mess with your cue aussie147. I had Hunt & Osborne add length and splices to mine and boy did it take a long time to get use to it. I really regretted the decision, though I've come out the other side now, but it took a year before I was happy again. Think long and hard mate!
                              Last edited by magicman; 17 May 2010, 08:36 AM.
                              I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Working...
                              X