Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this close to being true ??

Just been looking at ebay, and one seller writes the following:
    "HERE I HAVE FOR SALE MY ABSOLUTELY STUNNING MASTER CUE EXCLUSIVE 3/4 JOINTED SNOOKER CUE

THESE CUES ARE EASILY SOME OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD, EVEN JOHN PARRIS BUYS ASH SHAFTS FROM THIS COMPANY TO USE IN HIS CUES, AND THIS CUE HAS SAID ASH SHAFT."

Any truth in this, or just another clever sales pitch

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Just been looking at ebay, and one seller writes the following:
    "HERE I HAVE FOR SALE MY ABSOLUTELY STUNNING MASTER CUE EXCLUSIVE 3/4 JOINTED SNOOKER CUE

THESE CUES ARE EASILY SOME OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD, EVEN JOHN PARRIS BUYS ASH SHAFTS FROM THIS COMPANY TO USE IN HIS CUES, AND THIS CUE HAS SAID ASH SHAFT."

Any truth in this, or just another clever sales pitch
    I doubt it..

Never heard of JP using any shafts other than his own.. I could be wrong tho.

Comment

Originally Posted by CoolBlue View Post
      I doubt it..

Never heard of JP using any shafts other than his own.. I could be wrong tho.
      Eh?

He has to buy his wood from somewhere! I have severe doubts that even the great JP grows his own ash!

Comment

Originally Posted by SideShowKeith View Post
        Eh?

He has to buy his wood from somewhere! I have severe doubts that even the great JP grows his own ash!
        Eh?

I could have sworn the OP quoted the ebay listing details as including:

"THESE CUES ARE EASILY SOME OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD, EVEN JOHN PARRIS BUYS ASH SHAFTS FROM THIS COMPANY TO USE IN HIS CUES, AND THIS CUE HAS SAID ASH SHAFT."

Mmmmm, I thought there was a difference between ash boards [start of production process] and ash shafts. My bad I guess.

Comment

Apology accepted

Comment

But even if it was true it does not really make the cue more valuable, does it?
            There are only a few sources of wood and I am sure a lot of cue makers are buying from the same source. They then just use these raw materials to make their own cues which can vary quite a bit in terms of quality and performance.
            From what I understand not all cue makers buy ash boards--some buy blanks which are already cut, and some buy blanks that are already cut and turned.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I am going to see John on friday and will tell him why he buys shaft from Master cue company? What a Bull S...t. Shame of you.You have no idea what you are talking about.

He buys wood boards and not shafts, than he choose what piece can be good for a cue and it is around 2% out of 100%. I hope it will clear your head from the rubbish thoughts.

Comment

Apology accepted
                Hey, np...

Comment

Originally Posted by Woolf147 View Post
                  I am going to see John on friday and will tell him why he buys shaft from Master cue company? What a Bull S...t. Shame of you.You have no idea what you are talking about.

He buys wood boards and not shafts, than he choose what piece can be good for a cue and it is around 2% out of 100%. I hope it will clear your head from the rubbish thoughts.
                  Sounds like you need to apologise too.. LOL

Comment

i would imagine it would not make good business sense to import shafts turned by somebody else when you have the ability to buy the boards here and cut your own - pretty sure the ash will be from north america not the far east.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

IIRC I think a few years back it was rumoured that Urkit sent JP some shafts as he was extremely busy around Xmas time and it helped him to get out all the cues on order for Xmas presents. This was then mooted on max break snooker forum from a few idiot members that JP buys his shafts in and doesn't make his own cues etc etc.

Comment

Apology accepted
                        Haha, what a winner... LOL

Comment

I have heard that he bought the ebony butt from asia bcos the cost is lower thats why there were cases whereby the joints went loose....

That is something that i was told.

Comment

ash shafts

been reading posts but dosnt inform were to get the ash shafts anybody know

Comment

Working...
                            X