Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Do You Know You're 'Good Enough' to Buy a TW/MW/JP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    As it happens I have on my Ed White as I type this

Its a 1965 pre professional model which was worn by Ed White on Gemmini 4 (I think)
    Gorgeous.

An Omega has to be my next watch purchase.

Comment

this sounds stupid, but does anybody know how i would go about getting a cue made by trevor white? as he does not have a website and i cannot find other contact details
      JRobbins.
      Been Playing Since: December 2009
      Highest Break: 67
      ALL HAIL THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER.

Comment

Check out some old threads about TW. He got his mail there.
        E mail him or maybe call him. No TW websites.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          i am afraid although i like the idea, experience tells me people play better with better cues.
          You would say that!! I know what you mean, but my point is top money cues will not improve your game any more than a cheaper cue that is well suited to your game.
          Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

I bought an Omega Constellation Chronometre when they first came out, in the 50's, and it was the worst watch I ever had. It went back to Omegas several times, but to no avail.
            Now I have several watches and my Zenith with an El Primero movement is very, very good.
            Now waiting for a very good cue from the Maestro, Tw.
            :snooker:

Comment

well i am with adr on this one beacuse when you have a trevor white in your hand or a parris or a woldridge in your hand you feel alot more confident than with a 10 pound mass produced cue and this confidence does improve your game.

Comment

I wud rather learn to pot wel 1st. Once this art is learnt then the appreciation for a better cue comes in.

Comment

When's the time?

Well, unless you have more money than sense you should never consider buying a top end handmade cue, until you have reached a fairly high standard imo. This to me would be someone who has made many centuries, on various tables and in turn would start to appreciate the main features a new top end cue should have. Also its worthwhile waiting this long as by this time you would have seen many many cues along the way which somewhere subconciously would have helped you decide how your new cue should look too! Thats got to be worth waiting for!!!

I however have not purchased a handmade cue myself. I am more than comfortable with my £18 Ebay purchased(exact Powerglide replacement) to feel the need to want to buy a handmade. I would never rule it out completely as i "now" know what i would need and how it should look!
                  Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                  https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

If you really would like to get a top end cue, then go ahead and get one. Or wait a while until you improve. Do whatever you feel like doing. It is your choice and your money.

Comment

My understanding is that when you buy a cue, you'll going to use it for quite a while. As a beginner you may not appreciate the quality of a cue to a full extent at first, but what's important is that you learn your cue and how it behaves. Once you reach certain level you'll thank yourself for the choice you made early on.

Comment

Originally Posted by ibrahim View Post
                        well i am with adr on this one beacuse when you have a trevor white in your hand or a parris or a woldridge in your hand you feel alot more confident than with a 10 pound mass produced cue and this confidence does improve your game.
                        I'm normally pretty diplomatic, but you sir are wrong. The most sucess I ever had was with a cue from the rack that was worth about £3. Confidence is everything, it doesn't have to cost the earth.
                        Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

Originally Posted by jonplayer View Post
                          I'm normally pretty diplomatic, but you sir are wrong. The most sucess I ever had was with a cue from the rack that was worth about £3. Confidence is everything, it doesn't have to cost the earth.
                          Have to agree with john to some extent .

I,ve recently bough about a dozen cues from an omin to a parris and found that i,m playing better snooker with the omin and a cheap machine spliced powerglide . It does,nt really matter how much the cue costs or who made it , it all depends if it suits you .
                          Last edited by hotpot; 23 May 2010, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Absolutely spot on, hotpot!

Comment

well it worked for me atleast....lol

Comment

Originally Posted by ibrahim View Post
                                imo you,ll only feel confident if it feels nice , like i said i,m currently using a one piece cheap powerglide with a few dings in the shaft and its like a glove .

Comment

Working...
                                X