Trevor's cues... wats going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor's cues... wats going on?

Thread isnt as bad as the title would suggest!
    I have noticed there have been a few Trevor White cues up for sale lately, here and ebay.
    Wats going on? Thought ppl loved Trevors cue and I never used to see em up for sale?
    Ppl buying em and hoping to make a quick few quid or what?
    I love my cue from Trevor... admittedly, on close inspection the splicing of the butt is not exactly level (by eye and measured) but the cue still looks and feels great. Noone will be lookin at the cue as close as I did to notice it.
    I saw one cue from Trevor for sale on here and the shaft didnt look as good as I would of thought, but im sure it still felt great and the look is nothing compared to the feel IMO.
    Before the masses stirke me down, im not having a go, just wondered why the sudden change in selling patterns etc?
    Highest Match Break - 77
    Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
    Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Originally Posted by whufcarl View Post
    This.

I wouldn't worry what other people are doing, if you play well and like the cue then it doesn't matter whats being sold
    My Flickr

Comment

I sold one of Trev's beauties here, but not my own. I've ordered cues for mates of mine, or for people who have asked me to do the business part of things. As I'm English & German speaking coming from York, but living here in Bavaria for the last twenty years, my understanding of peoples explanations is quite good. So I take orders, and pass them on to Trevor, speaking to him regularly.

I ordered my cue from Trevor about 3 years ago and wouldn't sell it for any reasonable offer. But having said that if somebody wants to make me a total unreasonable offer I'll listen to it first!

Any way I've ordered about 12 cues from Trevor over the last 2 years and they've all been top notch. But the one I sold here was a cue that a club mate wanted, but then moved away from Munich. He only used it for about 8 hours, but thought it was great. He moved to Vienna to study there, which also means he won't be playing snooker. Because of that, he asked me to turn it over for him, which I did. The cue has now another proud owner!

All Trev's cues are great, I haven't seen a bad one yet! But mine is just that bit special!

I hope this makes sense, and defends Trev's cues as best I can.

Thanks,

Brian.
      Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Originally Posted by whufcarl View Post
        Thread isnt as bad as the title would suggest!
        I have noticed there have been a few Trevor White cues up for sale lately, here and ebay.
        Wats going on? Thought ppl loved Trevors cue and I never used to see em up for sale?
        I love my cue from Trevor... admittedly, on close inspection the splicing of the butt is not exactly level (by eye and measured) but the cue still looks and feels great. Noone will be lookin at the cue as close as I did to notice it.
        I saw one cue from Trevor for sale on here and the shaft didnt look as good as I would of thought, but im sure it still felt great and the look is nothing compared to the feel IMO.
        Before the masses stirke me down, im not having a go, just wondered why the sudden change in selling patterns etc?
        No doubt that TW cues are one of the best in the world. There could be many reasons.
        Maybe because of recession... need $$$.
        Finance up for new cue.. etc etc..

Comment

I also notice the secondary splicing of my friend's TW maple was uneven, the difference, by TW standard, was quite obvious. It was close to 1 cm. If judging from the craftmanship, it wasn't the best of TW.

Comment

(Maybe because of recession... need $$$)

recession ? what recession ?

i have had 3 cues form trevor in the last few years and the quallity of each was what you would expect, the last cue i had is no better or lesser quallity than the previous two but to me it is worth twice as mutch !
            The reason i sold on the other two cues is the same reason why i passed on my first 3 parris cues, and my next 3 wooldridge. "new cue syndrome"
            i know im not the only one, its a bug thing and not many of us could keep hold of sutch a valuble cue.
            my current 1 piece cue has now lived with me for over 10 months which is a record for me, and she is not going anywhere just yet.

Comment

Working...
            X