First Cue for a Starter??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Cue for a Starter??

I'm starting to play more and more now, I'm still a beginner but know how to play and hit balls. My highest break is 23 (don't laugh) lol. I've been using a ten pound jobby endorsed by Stephen Maguire from argos.

I doubt the cue's at argos are much cop are they. How much should I be looking to spend and what should I be looking for?

Thank you.:snooker:

i have for sale a hardly used gbl c2 from greenbaize 3 quarter maple with a single white veneer and a large splice of burr wood comes with both solid ebony mini butt and tele extension. cue specs are 58in long 19oz in weight 9.8mm tip 29.89mm butt if you havent seen these cues before they are greenbaizes own make they are leagues ahead of master cue, omin probably the best cues you can buy for under £200 the full package cost £245 + p&p from greenbaize if your interested i am selling at £170.
    Last edited by jackball; 26 May 2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Try out as many cues as possible with different specs. Make sure you know specs before you buy it.
      Budget wise, very much depends on you. If you have more $$ you can go for a high end hand made cue. Of course if you'r looking for nice budget cue, there are nice ones from Mastercraft, Craftman, GreenBaize, Omin, Uncle Thai etc etc..
      You can also browse through some older threads for more info..

Cheeers

Comment

hey freddie, u forgot CM1 ! we used to use it when we r noobs.. and im stil using it now, and btw my higest break is still 23 too after so many years duno whats my prob

Comment

But CM1 isn't available in UK right.. plus for us to send there is very costly mate..
          Btw I dont quite like Cm1 cues .. haha.. just use it awhile

Comment

Originally Posted by lukeozade0405 View Post
            I'm starting to play more and more now, I'm still a beginner but know how to play and hit balls. My highest break is 23 (don't laugh) lol. I've been using a ten pound jobby endorsed by Stephen Maguire from argos.

I doubt the cue's at argos are much cop are they. How much should I be looking to spend and what should I be looking for?

Thank you.:snooker:
            Hi! I definitely will not laugh, something wrong with me lately.
            for the past 2 weeks, I can't even hit more than 3 balls in 1 cue...!!!!!
            HELP!!!!!!!!

Comment

go to a decent cuemaker does not have to be jp mw or tw.There are also some other good cues around(no disrespect to any of the names i have mentioned above).just pick up a cue and if it feels right play a few shots u like than just simply buy it.leave it to your instincts to decide.

Comment

Take a peek at nostwmails thread in the cues section.

Comment

Working...
                X