Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carboot cues

just got these today does anybody know the name of the cork cue

Hi Gary. The cork butted cue is a peradon made either during the second world war or just after when ebony was in short supply.

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
      how much did you pay for this haul?

Comment

i think the cork cue is a thurstons as jeff mentioned the thicker butted ebony one looks like it might be a willie smith cue.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by stan-mullin View Post
          how much did you pay for this haul?
          i paid a pound each for them did not try and knock him down tho
          thanks gloveman and adr147 for the info is there any way of telling if it is a willie smith cue. its got one of the thickest buts ive ever seen

Comment

its the shape of the badge hole combined with the thickness just reminds me of one. put it this way i would take a punt on those cues and give you £80 for them.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
              This type of cue was made by Long & Co, Cork, Ireland between the years 1906 - 1912 and from 1919 to 1929. The cost of the cue was 18/6 (eighteen shillings and sixpence). Another reason this type of cue was made, was for men with sweaty hands.
              I donated one of these cues to Thurstons Museum a long long time ago.
              When you but cheap... You buy twice !

Comment

sorry adr147 im going to keep the cues ive just had a another look at the cues
                the cork one above were the weight stamp it says patent they all look really old i have some old cues but the ash on these ones are much darker

Comment

Working...
                X