When to re-tip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to re-tip?

Although I've been playing for years, I'm in fact still a novice. I just wonder, how do I know when I need to re-tip my cue? I have my own cue for almost ten years (I don't play that often though). Never feel the tip need to be replace...

Each person will know what size and shape they like their tips and the particular feeling the tip gives them .

Each tip will vary in the length of time it taks to lose its shape or feel so i suppose its hard to put it into hours when someone feels its time for a change .

The newer tips seem to last a lot longer than elks or blue diamonds .

Comment

When the tip is knac....d, is a good idea.:snooker:

Comment

The tip should always have a side wall on it and the dome on the tip should never come to meet the ferrule. If this is the case it will start to damage the ferrule. Re-tip before it gets to this stage.
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
          The tip should always have a side wall on it and the dome on the tip should never come to meet the ferrule. If this is the case it will start to damage the ferrule. Re-tip before it gets to this stage.
          Thx Doc that's clear.
          It seems to me my cue tip never wear over the years... maybe I should play more :snooker:

Comment

You must be playing very less or that's really a very good tip

Comment

Working...
            X