Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parris " ELITE " cue

I am thinking of buying that cue.
    Does anyone own one and or tried one before?
    I would really appreciate your thoughts.Thanx
    BBinCANADA

user CoolBlue uses one (im pretty sure of)

he might help you.

but as you can imagine, i would say all JP cues are well made to the highest of standards.

i thought about the "Elite" too, but the specs arent changable and not matching to my's.

Comment

I've one, and I'm very pleased with it, ask to make it to your specifications and they will tell you if they can or not.
      a great cue, i'm currently using it
      Highest Break : 53
      Current Playing Cue : Aurora Custom Cue 1pc (56.5", 18oz, 9.5mm tip, 29mm butt)
      Spare : Aurora Custom Cue 1pc (17.8oz, 9.6mm tip, 30mm butt, 17" balance point.)
      Retired : John Parris Traditional 1pc (sold), John Parris Elite Cue (sold), Cue Craft Royal (sold), Cue Craft Baron (sold).

Comment

The worst Parris I've ever seen was an Elite but that I assume was purely luck of the draw. I assume it wasn't a fake it was for sale at Craftsman.

It had a really fat taper and it looked like I'd done the splicing on it.

My mates got an ambassador that is lovely though and that's a cheaper model so probably don't mean much. Maybe whoever had the cue first asked for a fat taper. I doubt he asked for really uneven slicing though

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
          The worst "Parris" I've ever seen
          Me too!
          Why did you give it to Vikki then?

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=25531

=o(

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by BBinCANADA View Post
            I am thinking of buying that cue.
            Does anyone own one and or tried one before?
            I would really appreciate your thoughts.Thanx
            BBinCANADA
            I have been using a john parris elite for a year now and I have to say one of the best cues I have ever had . I have had over 2000 century breaks in my yaers playing snooker and this john parris elite is as good as it gets. I have also played with my brothers elite and it is every bit as good I say go for it the elite cue is probably one of johns better cues balance extremly well you cant go wrong

Comment

Originally Posted by sbsnooker View Post
              I have been using a john parris elite for a year now and I have to say one of the best cues I have ever had . I have had over 2000 century breaks in my yaers playing snooker and this john parris elite is as good as it gets. I have also played with my brothers elite and it is every bit as good I say go for it the elite cue is probably one of johns better cues balance extremly well you cant go wrong
              sbsnooker,

2,000 century breaks equals a century a day for 5.5 years. Wow, very impressive. If you're not a pro you must be one hell of an amateur. If I'm ever in Ireland again, I hope I don't run into you for a money game(but I'd love to watch you play).

Wayne G
              The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

^hanx for that.....BB

Comment

Are you going to order it directly from J Parris website?

Comment

Still thinking about ,but yeah,if I do.
                    BB

Comment

I lived in Canada couple years. It's been more than 10yrs. It was real pain to find any decent snooker cues back in those days. I knew Deroo makes snooker cues but his cues are not my cup of tea.

Heard that there's a Canadian member here his cues (Aurora) are supposed good. Forgot his ID though.

Comment

Originally Posted by acidash View Post
                        I lived in Canada couple years. It's been more than 10yrs. It was real pain to find any decent snooker cues back in those days. I knew Deroo makes snooker cues but his cues are not my cup of tea.

Heard that there's a Canadian member here his cues (Aurora) are supposed good. Forgot his ID though.
                        Ye thats pooljunkie , i have one of his cues and they are top draw and as good as they get . Terry Davidson also has one and highly recommends it .

Comment

HI acidash,

i believe AURORA cue. please dismiss all doubts about it, or u may try my aurora cue 100 days later in HK.

Comment

I have 1 on sale if you are interested.
                            Check the pics n spec on the sales thread.

Comment

I think Aurora Are very cool
                              Highest Break : 53
                              Current Playing Cue : Aurora Custom Cue 1pc (56.5", 18oz, 9.5mm tip, 29mm butt)
                              Spare : Aurora Custom Cue 1pc (17.8oz, 9.6mm tip, 30mm butt, 17" balance point.)
                              Retired : John Parris Traditional 1pc (sold), John Parris Elite Cue (sold), Cue Craft Royal (sold), Cue Craft Baron (sold).

Comment

Working...
                              X