New cue needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue needed

I played in my 1st comp for 4 years yesterday, i was lucky enough to win it, however i'm presently using a 1 piece E.J Riley cue which is lovely but no mini butt or extension and apart from getting a push on extension, isn't really possible as no cue maker is will to touch it in snakewood, also the butt is very narrow, so makes it difficult apparently.
    I'm not the greatest player with the rest and had to use the rest when i could have used a mini butt and also the club had no push on extensions and had to use the half butt 3 times.
    Consequently i'm looking for a new cue with mini butt and extension.
    Budget around £250

Originally Posted by Snookster View Post
    I played in my 1st comp for 4 years yesterday, i was lucky enough to win it, however i'm presently using a 1 piece E.J Riley cue which is lovely but no mini butt or extension and apart from getting a push on extension, isn't really possible as no cue maker is will to touch it in snakewood, also the butt is very narrow, so makes it difficult apparently.
    I'm not the greatest player with the rest and had to use the rest when i could have used a mini butt and also the club had no push on extensions and had to use the half butt 3 times.
    Consequently i'm looking for a new cue with mini butt and extension.
    Budget around £250
    Gradz snookster! Did you have to travel far for the tournament?

Comment

Thanks mate, just outside Bristol so about an hour, i bottled a bit as havent played competitively for a long time lol, but im old so used my experience ha ha

Comment

Originally Posted by Snookster View Post
        ... also the butt is very narrow, so makes it difficult apparently....
        Wasn't sure what you meant at first, as the butt diameter on these cues is huge (about 32mm) but had a look at mine and you must mean where the "flat" of the badge area is more pronounced than a normal cue, see pics - oh and by the way my Telecue push on extension wont fit on this cue, so dont waste your money

Last edited by jrc750; 14 August 2010, 10:04 AM. Reason: pic added back in

Comment

I guess no one wants my money then lol

Comment

snookster:

I have a couple of Trevor White cues for sale but unfortunately they are around twice your budget. I would recommend you try ADR147 on here (if he hasn't gone on extended vacation to France as yet).

There are some budget cues that would fit your budget but remember you get what you pay for. If you want a good cue with case and extensions you will be looking at around 400quid or more. A custom cue from a good cuemaker like White, Parris or Wooldridge (plus some others) will easily cost over 800quid new and 500quid used, sometimes more.

Then of course there is Fedia who re-sells Parris cues for 1,500quid when they originally cost him under 600, but that's another story.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

snookster:

Just had another thought. If you can stretch the budget up to around 350quid you could order a high quality custom made cue from Aurora Cues in Vancouver. I have a very good 1-piece of his and am presently switching to a very good 3/4-butt and I can recommend him highly.

The email is - auroracues (at) aol (dot) com - and that is poolqjunkie on here and the name is 'Airin'.

350 would get you a very high quality cue, probably without a lot of splices but with extensions and maybe a case too.

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
              X