Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your opinion on craftman, mastercraft and peradon cues ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your opinion on craftman, mastercraft and peradon cues ?

Looking to change my cue ( playing pool in county division in France )
    My actual cue is a peradon comet but seems shorter to me so I'm looking for a longer one : I hesitate between custom craftman (with Pro ash) or mastercraft , or peradon York with reducing tip to 8,5/9 mm!

what do you think about these choices (around 200GBP)

all opinions welcome !

thanks for your help !

I may help you a bit, as I currently have two Craftsman and owned a Peradon Regency once. For me Craftsman >>> Peradon. The latter produce great cues but nothing spectacular really. Good to start the game IMO.
    With Craftsman, you get a better and nicer product, very well finished, and with excellent value for money. If your budget is a little bit tight, then go for Craftsman, you won't be disappointed! Plus, guys over there are really nice and helpful. They will answer any of you questions...

The vast majority of their cues are worth £150. Pro ash would cost you £60. Add roughly 36£ for the shipping to France. Slightly over the 200 mark aforementionned but do-able. However, be careful, if you order a Pro Ash cue, it will take up to 6 weeks to be built. So order now to get ready for the season

Hope it helps!
    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

with 200GBP id go a unclethai cue. msg unclevit. ive seen a lot of cues, and to be honest, for the price, you cant go past an unclethai cue for playability. thats just my dead honest opinion.

Comment

I can't comment on those you mention but for your price range you should definitely consider O'min and Mastercue. I had my first experience of both recently and was extremely impressed.

Good luck

Comment

Hi Kedo

I would recommend a mastercraft, i've got 2 and they play superb. There's
          a great choice on the website and you can specify weight, design etc. Have
          a word with Dave @ Mastercraft and he will advise you. Great service and
          top quality for fraction of what other cue makers charge.

Comment

You may want to look at the GBL Champion cues at Greenbaize aswell .

Yes the cues mentioned are all great cues and excellent value for money . The GBL is a brilliant cue and the attention to detail is second to none .

Comment

If I am buying a cue sight unseen, I would choose a Craftsman over a Peradon as others have stated.
              But each cue is different and if you can try the cue out, you just might find a Peradon that you like. I have never and I dont know anyone who has, but it does not mean you won't.
              The Thai cues are not bad really, craftsmanship wise is way better than Peradon in the same price range in my opinion.
              I have never tried a Mastercraft cue in person, from the pictures they look quite nice. Would imagine that they are also better than Peradon in terms of craftsmanship.
              If you can spend a bit more (about 250-300GBP) you will be able to order a very nice plain ebony cue from the top makers.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

The peradons tend to be a standard sort of thing
                whereas you can specify what you want from the other two
                having owned both I found the mastercraft to be the better
                playing cues, my mate just got a one piece eclipse and it
                plays great all splices even really good cue to his spec 57"
                8.5mm tip all for less than £150 great value

Comment

personally i'd go for a mastercraft myself, i've had one off him before and the finish is as good as anyone's. great service, great comms as well, but have also dealt with craftsman and found them to be spot on as well.

good luck.

Comment

Craftsman>Peradon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mastercraft

Comment

Originally Posted by Master147 View Post
                      Craftsman>Peradon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mastercraft
                      couldn't agree more.

Comment

Working...
                      X