How many cues have you owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many cues have you owned?

Just wondering how many cues have you owned?
    And how many do you have now?
    Last but not least, how many do you have coming at the moment?
    Thank you.
    www.AuroraCues.com

I have been playing snooker for 20 years and over that time i would say i have had close to 100 cues..sometimes 3 a week at one point...as for now i only have about 14...and i dont have anymore on the way..
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
      Just wondering how many cues have you owned?
      And how many do you have now?
      Last but not least, how many do you have coming at the moment?
      Thank you.
      HI POOLQJUNKIE I have owned at least 50 cues some snooker cues also pool cues. I still have around 40 cues made up as follows Tom Gauthier Cues 4 of them Brunswick Trophy cues 2 one piece also two piece Brunswick Snooker cues 5 of them also have a John Parris snooker cue i had a Kevin Deroo 3/4 cue but sold that one last year. Also have a few Marcel Jacques Snooker cues two piece cues the same cue maker who made Alain Robidoux Snooker Cue and later destroyed his cue due to a Riley sticker that was on his Marcel Jacque Cue which destroyed his snooker career in England he now has obtained a Marcel Jacque Snooker Cue a few years ago and that he likes it a lot

Also have pool cues 5 Schon cues the old models r or runde some date back in the eightys and ninetys. Also have a Joss Pool Cue and a lot of cheaper pool cues that i obtained through a trade

Resently in Toronto during the Canadian Snooker Championships 2010 i sold 4 cues but also bought 3 of them

I just like to collect cues and that is my hobby years ago i used to go to the Race Track and lose my money i finally woked up and now buy and sell cues because when you need some money you can always trade or sell your cues. Cheers Leonard

Comment

I bought my first cue around 1947/48. A Burwat Champion. Several year later I had a Burwat Ye Olde Ash and also kept the Burwat Champion, which was later stolen from one of the clubs I played in. I sold the Ye Olde Ash when I stopped playing way back around 1974, cos someone came and asked if I would sell. Wish had still got it now. The Burwat Champ was stolen from one of the clubs I used to play in.

I am now waiting for two cues from Trevor White. But they will never be left in a club again.
        :snooker:

Comment

HI POOLQJUNKIE The biggest mistake i made in my life was back in 1970 i was offered a Pool Cue Balabushka with two shafts from a person who lived in New Jersey Usa for $400.00 us

Back in those days $400.00 was a lot of money as i was making around $100.00 per week and that was a month of wages

Today that cue would be worth betwen $15,000.00 to $25,000.00
          us dollars . You win some and you lose some Cheers Leonard

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
            HI POOLQJUNKIE The biggest mistake i made in my life was back in 1970 i was offered a Pool Cue Balabushka with two shafts from a person who lived in New Jersey Usa for $400.00 us

Back in those days $400.00 was a lot of money as i was making around $100.00 per week and that was a month of wages

Today that cue would be worth betwen $15,000.00 to $25,000.00
            us dollars . You win some and you lose some Cheers Leonard
            Well, look at it on the bright side without a certificate of authenticity the Balabushka might or might not be real .
            I was offered a Gus Szamboti once for about $1000 but the owner cannot prove to me that it was real. It was just a four pointer with veneers with two shafts. I asked him to authenticate it from Barry and I offered to pay for it had it been real--he refused, so I did not buy it.
            About snooker cue I heard there is a cue maker called Bernard from your neck of the woods--have you tried his cues?
            I have heard also from Montreal there is a cue maker with the name Alain Gerndon(spelling?) who is supposed to be quite good but has stopped making snooker cues.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Cues i've owned in order

2 Keith Auld

1 Glover

2 Robert Osborne

1 Trevor White [ keeping this one for a long time......hopefully ]

Nowhere near as many as you guys but all cues were / are very good except the 2nd Keith Auld cue which had daylight visible through the joint !

None on order otherwise something will get cut off by her indoors
              Last edited by Neil Taperell; 6 July 2010, 08:04 AM.
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                Cues i've owned in order

2 Keith Auld

1 Glover

2 Robert Osborne

1 Trevor White

No where near as many as you guys but all cues were / are very good except the 2nd Keith Auld cue which had daylight visible through the joint !

None on order otherwise something will get cut off by her indoors
                2 RO and 1 TW...they must be quite nice.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Both Osborne cues were very nice . Sold them both now . Don't ask me why , just seem to get something in my head that convinces me to buy a different cue .

The TW is the best cue i've ever owned , just beats Osborne cues slightly .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi Pooljunkie Very strange that you ask this question today,as I have just received my latest cue a couple of hours ago and I just cant put it down. At the moment i have ;
                    cues/extensions/cases;n
                    2/John Parris,2/Mike Wooldridge,2/Robin Cook,1/Tony Glover,1/Tony Ions,1/David Coutts,1/Trevor White,2/Mastercue,1/O-Min,2/Barracuda,2/Peradon & Fletcher,1/Ivory League,1/Acuerate,2/Tombstone Riley,2/Powerglide,and today I received 1/ Kevin De Roo;;;and I am very happy to say that in 150 days or there abouts I will be getting my hands on a beautiful snakewood Aurora....:

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                      Well, look at it on the bright side without a certificate of authenticity the Balabushka might or might not be real .
                      I was offered a Gus Szamboti once for about $1000 but the owner cannot prove to me that it was real. It was just a four pointer with veneers with two shafts. I asked him to authenticate it from Barry and I offered to pay for it had it been real--he refused, so I did not buy it.
                      About snooker cue I heard there is a cue maker called Bernard from your neck of the woods--have you tried his cues?
                      I have heard also from Montreal there is a cue maker with the name Alain Gerndon(spelling?) who is supposed to be quite good but has stopped making snooker cues.
                      hI Poolqjunkie the Balabushka that i refused to buy was from a person named Tascarella Cues who bought all the wood from George Balabushka Wife when George passed away this was the real thing and i regret today for not purchasing this cue

As for the Cue Maker his name is Bernard Laurin and he has his own website at www.baguettelaurin.com his cues are of the same model as Marcel Jacques but not as good as Marcel Jacques however they play pretty good.

As for the other person that you mentioned Alain Gendron i do not know this person but will find out for you

By the way i saw your work and you make very good Snooker Cues that is what Terry Davidson tells me cheers Leonard

Comment

1* joe Davis club cue(my second and oldest cue had the shaft rebuilt and it was originally a machine spliced - ranks as perhaps one one my best cues ever-see attached pic)
                        4* UT cues
                        2* Omin(both Sold with regrets)
                        1* John Parris ambassador - sold
                        1* peradon one piece(crap- sold)
                        1 * walter lindrum one piece( warped)
                        1* sidney smith 1 piece( warped really bad)
                        1* union billiards super pro machine spliced-sold
                        2 chinese cue that were no name brand- the one that I was really attached to was my favourite cue till some jerk stole it.
                        Last edited by sanman; 1 March 2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Bloody Hell people get through some cues

I've had 5.

1. Cheap ass 2 piece Riley first cues as kid knicked from Club.
                          2. Riley Burwat from 70s owned by my grandfarther, passed to my uncle, passed to me, pinched by me Dad when his old cue was damaged.
                          3. Cheap ass Riley given to me Dad by a Riley rep given to me to replace 2.
                          4. Peradon Regency used for about five years but not a good cue. I actually went back to 3 when 5 was last in for repair.
                          5. Trevor White I've had for at least four years I'd say.

Comment

I have owned two cues:
                            1. Cheapo bought from sports shop, then fell off the back of my bike and went under a truck.
                            2. 1/2 cue bought from my, then, club (no longer operating) and have had this cue for 25 years. Dont know the make but has been to John Parris twice for repair (1: old wood centre screw split, changed to brass fitting; 2: two years later shaft split just above new centre fitting, fixed invisibly by JP and is still holding tight).
                            This cue is maple shaft with rosewood butt and weights in at 17oz.

Since joining this forum, I have been reading all that I can find about cue makers and am looking to buy a second cue to possibly retire the old one but I plan not to sell it (I wonder if there is a "stud" farm for old cues? )
                            I am leaning towards a Trevor White, but have not discounted MW/JP/DS, purely down to what I have read about the TW cue's playing characteristics.

All the best
                            DeanH
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I've been playing about 35 years and I've had 3 cues. A Powerglide, an E.J. Riley something or other and my present Master Cue. Unless I've forgotten something!

Hotpot has had 783 cues and he has another 162 on the way :-)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X