How many cues have you owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
    Got my first cue in 1969.......it was ancient then and is now well over 100 years old.......and I still have it!! Since then I must have owned well over 100 cues, some spectacular, others not so good Never played as good with any of them as I did with the cue that I got in 1969 so am playing with that at the moment and thats the only cue that I own right now......however...........

................Funnily enough I am receiving a new cue tomorrow so can't wait to try it out, used to belong to Dominic Dale so must be a 'player'!!

Oldgit :snooker:
    What cue was it that you got in 1969? Sounds liek an awesome cue.
    And...what are you getting this time? Is it that JP Mannock replica by Trevor?
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Started using my 1st personal cue around a decade ago.

1st cue - Barracuda Professional, half jointed
      2nd cue - Omin Perfect Cue, 3/4 jointed
      3rd cue (current) - Omin Imagine 1 piece

Coming cue - Robin Cook 1 piece
      John Lim

Targets to beat: -line up 63, 78 (Nov 2012)- -practice match 67 (Nov 2012)- -competition 33 (Oct 2011)-

Comment

1st: riley 3/4 machine- sold
        2nd: Gary handmade 3/4- sold
        3rd: Lewis&wilson machine 3/4- sold
        4th: Lewis&wilson handmade- sold
        5th: Mastercue thai custom 1pc handmade- sold
        6th: Mastercue probutt 3, 3/4 handmade- sold
        7th: Mastercue tournament 3/4 machine- sold
        8th: Mastercue cue club 1pc machine- sold
        9th: Norton 3/4 handmade- sold
        10th:Norton half jointed machine- sold
        11th:1st batch old John parris ultimate 3/4 handmade- sold, very very regret
        12th: Unknown makers, 3/4 handmade, current using
        13th: Omin imagine CM1, made in china, 1pc handmade, current using
        14th: AL, 3/4 handmade- sold
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5NJt...eature=related
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObX6G...eature=related
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNirO2VkH4
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1uYI...eature=related

Comment

1st : Omin Spirit(machine made) 3/4
          2nd : Omin Imagine(hand-made) 3/4

Comment

Originally Posted by 888 View Post
            1st: riley 3/4 machine- sold
            2nd: Gary handmade 3/4- sold
            3rd: Lewis&wilson machine 3/4- sold
            4th: Lewis&wilson handmade- sold
            5th: Mastercue thai custom 1pc handmade- sold
            6th: Mastercue probutt 3, 3/4 handmade- sold
            7th: Mastercue tournament 3/4 machine- sold
            8th: Mastercue cue club 1pc machine- sold
            9th: Norton 3/4 handmade- sold
            10th:Norton half jointed machine- sold
            11th:1st batch old John parris ultimate 3/4 handmade- sold, very very regret
            12th: Unknown makers, 3/4 handmade, current using
            13th: Omin imagine CM1, made in china, 1pc handmade, current using
            14th: AL, 3/4 handmade- sold
            Would you mind to tell me a bit about Gary handmade, Norton cue, and what is an Al, please?
            Thank you.
            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 11 July 2010, 08:50 PM.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Not seen you around for sometime Freddie, where have you been hiding?
              :snooker:

Comment

Snooker
                1 Cheap Peradon and Fletcher, 2 Telecue (yes I was the one!), 3 Cannon Ye Olde Ash, 4 Hunt and O'Byrne which has been repaired and customised by John Parris and have been using it for over 20 years

Pool
                1 Cheap £6 cue, 2 Viking cue with predator shaft and more recently Z2 shaft, 3 Various cheap and tacky jump and break cues!
                I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Honestly can't recall how many but it must be at least 50. Most of them Hunt's or Ozzy's.
                  Probably the 3 best being a Osborne(ozzy) a Mastercue and my current one a unique cue.
                  "Don't think, feel"

Comment

G'day poolqjunkie, Just reading some of the replies it makes me wonder how some players can get used to a cue for the chopping and changing they do. I myself have had only 3 cues in my 36 years of playing. The 1st being a Powerglide 17 1/2oz 1 piece, which was stolen from my club. Bought another which I kept at home, but was unfortunately cut down by 4inches when I gave it to a friend to put a new ferrule and tip on, because it had a bend, I marked it with a black texta on the underside where the bend was and he thought I wanted it cut down. Anyway I bought a Laminated Premier cue 17oz 1 peice which did me for many years until I got tired of carrying it around so I had my cut down Powerglide maple cue made in to a 2 piece cue with a longer shaft which I used up until 3 years ago when I purchased an 18oz BCE Grandmaster Cue which I'm more than happy with. I've never made a ton so maybe thats where I went wrong?

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                      Would you mind to tell me a bit about Gary handmade, Norton cue, and what is an Al, please?
                      Thank you.
                      Hi poolqjunkie

Sorry for the late replying, abt the garyhand made cue and AL cue are made in china those cheap rack cues, they are unplayable, then norton are better than them, which is made in thailand more similar to omin cue makers
                      Last edited by 888; 12 July 2010, 11:30 AM.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5NJt...eature=related
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObX6G...eature=related
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNirO2VkH4
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1uYI...eature=related

Comment

3 , i had a jimmy white from jjb £20then went to a peradon joe davis cue love it to bits me grandad bought it me for me 16th

Comment

At least 200.

A massive collection of old cues and a fair amount of playing cues.
                          Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

It is always impressive to see big collection.

On the other hand, I am quite delighted to see how a cue has become a special item to the owner because of its emotional or nostagic value--it is not about how much it is worth but how long the person has had it for or from whom he has receievd it. Such a cue is priceless to that owner.

In today's world whereas most things are "fast food" styled and most people are going for quick gratifications, it is nice to see someone treating and treasuring an old cue like an old friend

Am I the only one who feels this way? Does this make sense?
                            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 13 July 2010, 06:39 PM.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

lol nah i feel ya homie. =]

Comment

@pqj:

What all cues do you own other than the ones you make...
                                Whoever called snooker 'chess with balls' was rude, but right

Comment

Working...
                                X