Just ordered a Master Cue in Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered a Master Cue in Thailand

Master Cue has been putting out some world class cues so I decided to give them a shot.

http://www.mastercue.th.com/th/index...tpage&Itemid=1

As I play snooker and pool and have cue's for both, I decided to go for a wildcat. I have been to their shop as I live and work here in Bkk.

I was told he had never seen nor had anyone order a 2/3 cue before, and neither have I, so it will be a first.

I am not into flashy cues, and I prefer maple to ash.

So I ordered a 100% maple cue, butt and shaft, no splices or anything else,

60" , 2/3 cue with the quick joint at 20", quick joint in the butt for ext., and butt thickness in between pool and snooker,

21oz, because I like a heavy stick, but for my size it's not heavy to me,

11mm elk master tip

and my name on the logo plate.

He said it will take about a week and cost 6000 baht, or about 125 gbp, 185.usd, 147 eur.

So, what do you guys think. Worth a try, or money thrown away? I paid the deposit already so will write more as it happens and pass on the info.

Is there a reason why there are none or I guess very few 2/3 cues, seems for a 60" cue to fit in the same case a 58" cue would, it shouldn't hurt to run the joint to 20" to keep the shaft the same length.

Any feedback?

I can't see what difference a joint at 20" would make.
    Have you asked for the balance point to be at a set place?

They'd have to weight you all maple cue anyway so shouldn't need to be too forward balanced (Well pretty much all cues have weight in)

Long cues can play funny, the fatter taper and tip might help with this.
    Be interested to see an all maple only seen all ash cues when all one wood.

Comment

I'll go in tomorrow for a balance test. I will post pictures when it's finished.
      Other folks have said that as well about longer cues, but it's only 2 or 3 inches longer than most other folks cues. Efren Reyes uses a 60" cue for pool and I've seen a few average size guys shoot good snooker with a 60" so I really don't think 60" is really all that much longer, but it feels right for me if the balance is right.

Comment

That's a great price for a custom cue. I bought a master cue for a friend. Good value for the money. Really liked the hit and feel of the cue.

When you go to Master Cue's office, would you ask if they take online orders? The email address on their website does not work.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your cue. Let us know how it works out.

Comment

ukrit@mastercue.th.com

Yes, he takes orders online. So far, everything is on schedule to finish next week. He called twice today to double check all the details and ask about some I never knew existed as some people want different tapers in different segments of the cue from beginning to end, not just 2 or 3 stage tapers or straight tapers.

Comment

Working...
          X