alcocks special cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alcocks special cue

So i recently recieved a freeby cue, and its al Alcock's Special Cue, but not the pre world war 2 one, the ones made after that. (1960's+) just curious as to whether it has any value in a collection? and what that value might be. its a 1 piece, Maple, approx 56 inches long, badge in excellent condition, has a front splice of maple with a green veneer, and is machine spliced with brown ebony. or dark rosewood. or somthing, not sure. but according to google research done by me 3 minutes ago, it was ebony. if any1 has any info lemme know cheers guys!

seriously, no1 has any idea about this cue?

Comment

Hi mate. Made by Peradon and Co in the UK. Alcock and Co imported them into Australia and sold them.
      The common examples of the Alcock's Special Cue are with a front-splice that is plain maple. These are later models, which were made after the WWII, when exotic woods were difficult to find.
      In great condition, someone would be willing to pay around $300AUD and good condition around 150.

Comment

oh cool! not bad for a freeby then huh! found it in the store room of my pool hall, mate said i can hav it! its in good condition too not sure about great. being a touch short, and a few small dints scratches, but badge is perfect, and straight as! very happy with that in my collection!

where r u from barracuda?

Comment

Working...
        X