Chunk missing in butt. Wood filler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Sneaky-Pete View Post
    Try Wilkos, they have it, Evostick is no good, must be araldite epoxy.

Yea, Lakin "Demon Potter of Derbyshire"

I read about him on another forum.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/araldite-preci...9#ht_500wt_928 Is this tghe stuff? I have ebony dust. Well I say dust but its more like thin shavings. Do they need to be very fine?

Comment

The ebony needs to be filed so that it is like dust, yes thats the stuff, I used the rapid acting version, as I say try Wilko's.

Just remembered I read about Lakin on Derby snooker forum, some poor old fella with a zimmer frame who played snooker before I was even born. Seems a bit of a character.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sneaky-Pete View Post
        The ebony needs to be filed so that it is like dust, yes thats the stuff, I used the rapid acting version, as I say try Wilko's.

Just remembered I read about Lakin on Derby snooker forum, some poor old fella with a zimmer frame who played snooker before I was even born. Seems a bit of a character.
        Haha no mate, hes 19 and was the youngest ever player to qualify for the world rules england mens team when he was 16. Awesome player, a good friend of Jack Whelan. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1514612 he is the young lad in the video. and hes pretty ****ed here haha but still plays alright.

Comment

Sorry mate, some old fella said Lakin had a thin cue that he must have bought from Tessa Sanderson, must be like a javelin.
          Always on about his "supa scuta", does some funny stuff about "Flyin St Bernards"
          Sure it was Derby snooker site.

Comment

There is truth in that, Lakin has a 6mm tip.

Comment

If it is epoxy you want, does not have to be Araldite. There are better expoxies around. Try a shop where they sell modelling things for Radio Control planes.
              :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                If it is epoxy you want, does not have to be Araldite. There are better expoxies around. Try a shop where they sell modelling things for Radio Control planes.
                :snooker:
                Too late ive ordered it off ebay, hope it does the job

Comment

Good luck when you do the job chrisgairjunior. Hope it turns out as you would like it.
                  :snooker: :snooker:

Comment

You will get a better match using ebony sawdust and mixing with epoxy resin or even a wood glue. the miilput is very good for doing the job too but it is black. does a good job though.
                    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

i have some ebony if you need some for the dust

Comment

Originally Posted by tinytim139 View Post
                        i have some ebony if you need some for the dust
                        Thanks tiny but ive got a block at home that i am hoping to splice onto a cue one day.

Comment

How did it go Chris.
                          Did you manage to mix and match and smooth down so that you can't tell is there or not.

Comment

Very well, I appreciate all the help, Its pretty much flawless, the stuff filed down into shape very well too, I used a stanley knife, a file, some fine sandpaper, then wire wool. after that I polished with some wax and there is only a minute difference between the colour of the ebony and the resin. It was good as new but then today my ferrule snapped off on the break. I've started referruling using a stanley and a file. I think the epoxy will stick the ferrule on well enough but im pretty ****ed off. I just refinished it and now its back to square one!

Comment

Working...
                            X