Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherwood cue

Hi all,

I been playing snooker every week now for about 18 months (played pool and snooker on the rare occasions over the past 12 years).

I have had a 2 cues within the past 18 months, both BCE cues, first one was a cheap £39 cue from Argos .

The next was a 4PC Ronnie BCE cue, which cost me about £80 same type of cue as the first just a little better.

I am looking to buy a Sherwood 3/4 handmade cue as I would like to have a professional hand made cue. I have seen it and held it but i was unable to test it on the table! Would anyone recommend this as a first professional cue?

I am no way near professional level and i'm not sure if this is classed as a professional cue, but i like the look of it and it felt nice to hold, I dont want to spent lots on it if it not right for me!

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks
    Rob

Hi Rob ,

Never heard of Sherwood cues . Is that the name of the cue maker ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Sorry should have added some more info on the cue!

Its made by "Craft Cues"

The Model is "Sherwood"

http://www.cuepower.co.uk/index.php?...products_id=43

Comment

Rob , why not try a few cues from a cue maker . Then you can try different weights , lengths etc .

Let us know where abouts you live and the guys on the Forum can direct you to a maker .

Also , what sort of budget do you have to spend .That will also assist in directing you .

Comment

Budget is about £200, as i said before i'm still very new to the game and still need to improve in loads of areas!

Not sure if a new cue would help! Highest break was 37, and the other day managed a break of 32!

So still very new to the game!

I am around the Heathrow Airport area!

Comment

Originally Posted by rob225 View Post
            Budget is about £200, as i said before i'm still very new to the game and still need to improve in loads of areas!

Not sure if a new cue would help! Highest break was 37, and the other day managed a break of 32!

So still very new to the game!

I am around the Heathrow Airport area!
            There are a lot more cue of other brands which are ard your budget.

Check out the sales thread, you might get lucky.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              Hi Rob ,

Never heard of Sherwood cues . Is that the name of the cue maker ?
              Neil The cuemaker is called "Cue Craft" and I think they're based in Nottinghamshire which probably explains the "Sherwood" (as in forest). I got a brochure from them last year but didn't fancy their cues much. One of the Forum members (Snookerpoolman I think) is an agent for Cue Craft and was touting their cues on the Forum last year. Havn't really heard anyone pass an opinion of this company or their cues.

Comment

rob225 I think the fact that you've had the cue in your hands and liked the feel of it counts for a lot.
                In my opinion the best value for money cues for under £200 can be got from Green Baize Ltd (North East), Craftsman Cues(Leeds), or Mastercraft(Shropshire). None of these are very handy for London tho!

Comment

Thanks for your reply guys,

As i am still new to the snooker game i'm unsure on want to look for in a cue!

The weight felt right but as i said i was unable to try it out

Is this important to try a cue out first?

Comment

Now i have seen the craftsman century cue i like that too :P

Comment

Originally Posted by rob225 View Post
                      Thanks for your reply guys,

As i am still new to the snooker game i'm unsure on want to look for in a cue!

The weight felt right but as i said i was unable to try it out

Is this important to try a cue out first?
                      Rob , i think it's best that you try a few cues out . As you don't want to spend a great deal of money and then you don't like the cue .

Are you able to try cues at Woking snooker club ? I assume that they sell some fairly decent cues there .

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                        Neil The cuemaker is called "Cue Craft" and I think they're based in Nottinghamshire which probably explains the "Sherwood" (as in forest). I got a brochure from them last year but didn't fancy their cues much. One of the Forum members (Snookerpoolman I think) is an agent for Cue Craft and was touting their cues on the Forum last year. Havn't really heard anyone pass an opinion of this company or their cues.
                        Me neither mate , not sure what they are like . I'm sure someone on here can advise Rob .

Comment

Thats where I have seen this sherwood cue!

Maybe next time i'm there i will ask to try it!

Comment

rob225 I bought a Craftsman Century in April. I knew what spec I wanted so ordered up via the website. Cue turned out really well and I'm very happy with it. You don't have to have the cue exactly like that shown on the website. Simon at Craftsman changed the butt around a bit. I opted for a darker coco-bolo wood and different colours of veneers. Just personal preference really. I also added a butt joint. I've attached a photo. Not very good quality I'm afraid. Taken with mobile phone. I think Greenbaize Ltd are slightly better quality-wise but they couldn't do me anything at 17.5ozs at the time I was ready to order.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Bigmeek,

Does it play well?

Think i may order one of them!

Comment

Working...
                              X