No announcement yet.

Sherwood cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rob Yeah, my cue plays well and I'm very happy with it but don't let that influence your decision on what cue to buy. Every cue is different and you need to find one that's right for you. I don't have a huge amount of experience in actually playing with different cues. For almost 30 years I used a Powerglide "Rex Williams" maple cue and was well used to it. Its only in the last year or so I've tried experimenting with new cues. I've "seen, smelt, felt" John Parris and Trevor White cues but never played a frame with one. Only other cue I've tried out seriously was a Mastercraft one and I didn't really get on with it. Don't know why. Think it was the joint sounded "tinny".
    From what you've said you like the Sherwood so maybe that's the cue for you?
    If you get the chance nip along to John Parris in Forest Hill and have a look at some of his stock cues. Try them out and see if you feel a difference to the Sherwood. JP is way over your budget but maybe you'll get a feel of what you get for your money.
    Remember most of all that for us average players its not the cue that's important its the technique and practice. I've played OK at times with club cues!!! If you've got any more questions please ask.

Comment

Hi Rob.
      I have a Cue Craft Sherwood sitting in my closet. I bought it when I was a beginner. It plays okay, but like other TSF members said, there are better cues available for under £200. In my opinion, a mastercue hits better.

Contact Andrew (ADR147) for Mastercraft cues or Stu at greeenbaize for GBL or Mastercue cues. They will be able to get you a good cue.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
        Neil The cuemaker is called "Cue Craft" and I think they're based in Nottinghamshire which probably explains the "Sherwood" (as in forest). I got a brochure from them last year but didn't fancy their cues much. One of the Forum members (Snookerpoolman I think) is an agent for Cue Craft and was touting their cues on the Forum last year. Havn't really heard anyone pass an opinion of this company or their cues.
        Hi Rob, yes I'm still selling Cue Craft cues (thanks fot the prompt Big Meek). The Sherwood is a lovely model - Ebony butt - hand spliced quality Ash, front wedge, exotic inlays and now fitted with the new 3/4 Air-lock joint.

Sold one the week before last and took it to Cue Craft to have a mini-butt joint fitted for the customer. He's also relatively new to snooker and loves his new cue. I do have another one in stock and you're welcome to come over to the club at Clay Cross if Chesterfield is in driving distance to where you live to 'try before you buy'.
        I have numerous Cue Craft hand spliced cues in stock and a full range of cases (apologies for the advert guys, but I cant PM Rob as he aint made enough posts yet) Contact me on 07740102927 and we'll have a chat about your specific ideal cue spec. e.g. weight, tip size etc. Cheers....

Dave, Snookerpoolman :snooker:

Comment

Thanks black&blue

Will have a look around!

Comment

Hi snookerpoolman

Trying to get my post count up so i can use the PM system lol

i will PM you want i have enough posts!

Comment

The sherwood cue is a fantastic cue nice weight nice feel

Comment

Working...