Mark wildman's cue just been sold on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark wildman's cue just been sold on ebay

Just seen on ebay Mark Wildman's cue has just sold for £ 500 . it was a green plate hunt and obyrne . 18. oz ,58. 9.5 mm . I personally think he has done very well. as i would have paid tops £ 360 . what do the forum think ?

yes i had an eye on it but 500£ is to much for me. I would have pay 400£ shipping cost included.
    Another Hunt&O'byrne in Asia?
    I have on to sell, a red plate with an extension and case on mesure.
    pictures,
    http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=17839

Comment

Originally Posted by highbreak 8 View Post
      Just seen on ebay Mark Wildman's cue has just sold for £ 500 . it was a green plate hunt and obyrne . 18. oz ,58. 9.5 mm . I personally think he has done very well. as i would have paid tops £ 360 . what do the forum think ?
      Was that Mark Wildman's actual cue that he played with which was sold? Was it Mark actually selling it? I can't imagine a former World Billiards Champion selling his cue which I assume he used for a long time, but he does play Carom billiards in Spain these days and they use different cues I think.

bongo

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
        Was that Mark Wildman's actual cue that he played with which was sold? Was it Mark actually selling it? I can't imagine a former World Billiards Champion selling his cue which I assume he used for a long time, but he does play Carom billiards in Spain these days and they use different cues I think.

bongo
        Yes it was his , make cheques payable to M Wildman . I had a bid but was working when it finally was sold . i personally think £500 is excessive for a green plate , if its for personal use , the buyer may not get on with it , if a collector they will do well to re sell for more than £ 500.

Comment

Wow.... Ex champion cue can sell at such high price.
          I have seen the ad on eBay but I dun remember it indicating that it belongs to all champ or pro player.
          At this speed, it will be very expensive to acquire any killer brands cue.

I wonder how much my 1st edition Hunt&Obyrne black plate will be able to fetch if I say that it belongs to some pro.

Comment

Yes it was his , make cheques payable to M Wildman . I had a bid but was working when it finally was sold . i personally think £500 is excessive for a green plate , if its for personal use , the buyer may not get on with it , if a collector they will do well to re sell for more than £ 500.
            I think Mark Wildman was known to be a good businessman in his day so that is probably why he fetched so much for it!

I shall post this on a billiards forum I visit and see what they think, some of them may even know Mark and ask him why he was selling.

Do you know if he actually won his World Billiards Championship (1984) with this cue or was it one he used later in his career?

Comment

Cue was actually Martin Wildmans cue, who didn't reach the same level as Mark Wildman, but he is a relative of Mark I believe.
              I think Martin had a go to get on the pro circuit but didn't quite break into the top 128, just goes to show we should never make assumptions by a name.
              Mark would be in his 70's now & is a former world billiard champion, but even though it wasn't his cue it still looked a nice one.
              Last edited by CueAntW147; 3 August 2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I wounder how long it will be before someone tries to cash in on alex higgins death by selling a cue they claim was owned by him. AH RIP

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                  Cue was actually Martin Wildmans cue, who didn't reach the same level as Mark Wildman, but he is a relative of Mark I believe.
                  I think Martin had a go to get on the pro circuit but didn't quite break into the top 128, just goes to show we should never make assumptions by a name.
                  Mark would be in his 70's now & is a former world billiard champion, but even though it wasn't his cue it still looked a nice one.
                  CLEVER ..... IT FOOLED ME . BUT DID IT FOOL THE BUYER

Comment

CLEVER ..... IT FOOLED ME . BUT DID IT FOOL THE BUYER
                    Not sure about that..........but i'm sure the name assumption did no harm at all in terms of selling.

Thats why its either best to check the facts if you can, or be happy to pay a price for a cue on its own merits rather than who it may or may not be linked to, because you just never know for sure sometimes.

Could be a valuable lesson learnt I think..........
                    Last edited by CueAntW147; 4 August 2010, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X