Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unusual cue tip question

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can answer this question honestly and with some knowledge to back it up.

Ok, so i was wondering if when a tip is completely bedded in and is not wearing any further, if it can cause any damage to the cue at all by being too hard and not providing enough give, therefore the cue taking all the force of the shots? The reason i ask is that my current tip has been on for a good 2 or 3 months and still looks and plays well. I've doctored it occasionally to keep it in good condition, but it's pretty hard by now because it has fully bedded in. I think i could go on using it for quite sometime because it's not really weraing anymore, but i come back to the question about cue damage due to a hard and bedded in tip?

Any thoughts or questions welcomed?

A hard bedded in tip will not damage the cue what so ever . As long as its not worn so much that the white is making contact with the ferrule as that will damage the cue .

Comment

No worries, the cue tip will not be damaged as long as the tip is still embedded on the ferrule.

Comment

thanks for the replies.

I was thinking more of warping due to there being no damping in the tip. I suppose a cue maker would know more about this, if there is such a phenomenon.

Comment

no danger - the only issue might be if you damaged the ferrule but its more bad luck than tip if that happens.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
          X