Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    Anyway cue is back on its way to uk
    I have not yet made up my mind whether to go for refund or replacement!
    I will highly recommend that you buy a stock cue instead cos you can see with your eyes n feel with your hand before deciding on a cue.
    Mr Trevor,

I will be more than willing and glad to take over the cue if he is not interested.

Comment

Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
      well there is no motive in this , i said what i felt at the time. i expressed my
      feeling, everyone is entitled to their views.i wish i could post pictures of the
      cue, but i do not know how to post them. i mean the cue is so thick and
      slightly heavier then i thought, actually in my cue specs i told him to keep
      weight between 17.5 to 18 oz but the cue is 18.5oz . The EBONY butt is
      also disappointment i expected it to be jet black and shiny smooth.
      well may be my expectations were too high or i am overreacting !
      I DO NOT KNOW !
      Anyway cue is back on its way to uk
      I have not yet made up my mind whether to go for refund or replacement !
      If i had received the cue with a crack in i would not of been to happy but to be fair Trevor would never have sent it out like that so it must of happened in transit, not his fault!
      He replied to you and offered to replace it or a full refund what more can you ask for?
      As for his workmanship on the cue i have had a few and seen loads of his cues and couldnt fault one! in fact my mate ordered a 1 piece maple with a plain ebony butt and when it was ready Trevor noticed a tiny blemish on the shaft (it took me about 5mins to find it! it was that small) so Trevor made another cue and sent both to my mate for him to choose one and he actually chose the one with the tiny blemish, now to me that is a top class service..

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post

You get your mini-butt Neil..???
        Quality of the mini butt is superb Trevor , excellent finish . Thanks very much .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Trevor:

How are you doing time-wise on a custom order with near normal specs?

i.e. - 3/4-butt, 18.5oz, 9.5mm brass, 29mm butt, 57", medium-stiff and perhaps one 4-point splice (or not if the splices delay). Ash shaft/ebony butt (or dark wood butt)

I had 2 of your cues and really liked them both however a fellow from Hong Kong really wanted them so I (stupidly I now think) sold them both to him. Had a 135 & 143 with one of them last week.

Actually looking for something around the end of Sept/early Oct if that's possible.

Probably email to - terrydavidson45 (at) gmail (dot) com - would work best and any discussion can be off line.

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            Had a 135 & 143 with one of them last week.
            So you sold them for a million pounds each then?

Comment

High demand results in lower quality, this happens to any famous manufacturer.

Comment

rowdy:

Nah, normal price.

I just had a ton (108) with my Aurora 1-piece yesterday so all is not lost but I really want to find a good 3/4 cue and I know Trevor makes a dynamite cue but the 6-month wait is a killer as my season starts in a couple of months and I would really like to find a decent 3/4 cue by then if I can

Terry
                Terry Davidson

Comment

Why don't you contact Robin Cook,I have on 3/4 cue made by him and it is really amazing. And his badge is great
                  You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
                  BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
                    High demand results in lower quality, this happens to any famous manufacturer.
                    High demand + Same delivery time results in lower quality. If higher demand means you have to wait an extra couple of months for your cue demand has nothing to do with quality, the time used to make each cue is still the same just a longer wait. If Trevor wanted to go out of his way to make lower quality cues then the demand wouldn't have anything to do with that. It'd be more like a need for more quality time with family or a loss of passion in what he's doing for a living. It's just common sense buddy.......

Comment

vucko:

Do you have contact for Robin Cook? I'll try google too

Terry
                      Terry Davidson

Comment

vucko:

Terry
                        http://www.robincues.co.uk/Contact.html

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
                          High demand + Same delivery time results in lower quality. If higher demand means you have to wait an extra couple of months for your cue demand has nothing to do with quality, the time used to make each cue is still the same just a longer wait. If Trevor wanted to go out of his way to make lower quality cues then the demand wouldn't have anything to do with that. It'd be more like a need for more quality time with family or a loss of passion in what he's doing for a living. It's just common sense buddy.......
                          Good posting.

Comment

Well I must post to supporT Trevor ,the quality of the cue he made me is simply astonishing ,it plays just as well ,great guy to chat to ,keep em coming Trevor

Comment

cheque's in the post john....haha

Comment

vucko:

Terry
                                Terry,

Robin Cook is now heavily backlogged with orders. The initial estimated given to me in April was 5months, but the latest update from Robin was the delivery date is unknown.

Snookered <==== still waiting

Comment

Working...
                                X