Riley Snakewood cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Snakewood cues

I would like to know more about the Riley snakewood cues.

I have never seen one in person but I love the look of this cue very much..

Since snakewood has a tendency to crack easily, I am wondering if the cue was varnished on the butt?

Were thery made with a much thicker butt...what was the average butt size?

How much are they worth now?

Thank you.
    www.AuroraCues.com

I know snookster has a Riley snakewood and he loves it . His only problem is as the butt is normal diameter across it is not as deep as normal cues . He wanted a socket fitted for a mini butt but has been told that because of the shape of the butt its too narrow and may split .

I think he contacted several cue makers and they all told him the same thing , so he is currently using a T W just so he can use the extentions .

Comment

Just to give an idea of what hotpot means, here is a pic of the pronounced shape of the badge area which prevents butt joint being added

Comment

Since snakewood has a tendency to crack easily, I am wondering if the cue was varnished on the butt? not that i know of

Were thery made with a much thicker butt...what was the average butt size? mine was just over 31mm

How much are they worth now? mint condition about £250

Comment

i have one its perfect but for one thing - its 51.5" long!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            i have one its perfect but for one thing - its 51.5" long!...
            Are you planning on getting it 3/4 jointed with a new shaft by Dan maybe - or is it better to leave as a shortie ??

Comment

well i only paid £53 for it so i am open to suggestions!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                well i only paid £53 for it so i am open to suggestions!
                Surely better to do something with it, rather than be worthless to collectors ?
                Would make an unusual playing cue if you could keep the price low
                is this an ash or maple shaft ?

Comment

its ash - well i don't know what its worth to a collector - not £250 for sure but i bet if you don't have one you would pay more than i paid for it! - i could almost use it as a pool cue

Comment

Is it common to see these cues with a cracked snakewood splice?
                    If not, how do they manage to keep it from drying up over the years?
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                    X