No announcement yet.

dan shelton cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well i hope Dan pulls it around soon as he does make a nice looking cue.
    Really nice bloke too, he helped me out on a cue once and did a top job.

Comment

• To be honest Cally, don't know what's going on with Bill, I hope it's nothing serious. I've sent him a few emails and pm's on here, but as of yet he's not got back to me. I've not heard from him for a few weeks, just getting a little bit concerned, also getting a little bit desperate for the cue as well.

He doesn't seem or sound the type of person who would be intentially ignoring my messages, I still want the cue off him, he's sent me pictures of the shaft, which looks good, we've agreed a price and butt design, including what woods we're using for the splices and veneers.

I'm hoping he'll be in touch soon, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next.
      Last edited by itx; 10 May 2011, 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

• I wish you all the best in getting this resolved. I think the situation Jason has been left in is absolutley attrocious. He's paid for 2 cues that were already made yet 8 months on he's received nothing. It certainly doesn't bode well for those expecting cues to be made either.
        Personally I think Dan is very lucky that so far, there hasn't been a rush for refunds. Things may just get even worse for him if this does happen.

Comment

• In light of the current situation I am going to have to order another cue while Dan gets himself sorted. I know there are a lot of good cue makers out there as I did a fair bit of research before ordering off Dan but who is best when it comes to 8 ball pool cues?

Comment

• Doesn't this just highlight the dangers of dealing with someone over the Internet who is not in any way a properly registered business? Its just akin to giving a stranger you meet on the street money to make you a cue and hoping that they honour the agreement with you.

If he wanted to he could just turn around and say **** off the lot of ya and there is nothing any of you can do about it! Would anyone ever want to do business or pay for goods like that ever again! I've had my fingers burned in the past and I was half expecting that sooner or later through this site that it would end up in tears for someone. I expected it to happen through the for sale section of the site though.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonnycridge View Post
              In light of the current situation I am going to have to order another cue while Dan gets himself sorted. I know there are a lot of good cue makers out there as I did a fair bit of research before ordering off Dan but who is best when it comes to 8 ball pool cues?
              Im in the same boat mate, ive just ordered another cue from Robin Cook, hopefully I'll still get the cue that I paid Dan for as well.

I think all the top makers can make exceptional snooker and 8 ball cues just pick whichever maker you have seen good examples from and you wont go wrong.
              Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Seems to me that Jason has paid £650 for 2 cues and hasn't got them yet !!!
                And as for looking elsewhere it seems a lot of people have paid up front almost 1 1/2 years ago and still no cues !!!!!
                jrc750 is correct. At first Dan said he was very busy with is work, and had not time to repair the cue I bout. I always trusted him and wait for about 3-4 months. Later I never saw him online in my MSN, but my friend can still chat with him. Obviously, he was weaseling out. At the beginning of this year, he told me through email that he would get the cue from his old house and send them to me. By that time, I did not have any hope on receiving the cues, and thus was indifferent. It is a mistake to trust such a guy who back and fill. I thought it is impossible to get back my money for the 2 cues and some orders, and I did not disclose his sins before, but now, I think it is the time.

Comment

• Jason, have you asked for a refund from Dan?
                  If not then ask the question and see what comes
                  Also do you have any e-mails discussing the purchase of the cues?

Comment

• I have been speaking to Dan on msn this morning, told him bout forum and how people have had no contract etc. he sends his apologies and says will get back to everyone who has emailed him soon.

He has had a lot of unpredicted disasters recently, vans braking down, workshop repairs. Along with the personal probs.

Heres the pics of his window repair

http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=IMG_0025.jpg
                    http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=IMG_0026.jpg
                    http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=IMG_0024.jpg

So hope everyone gets their cues sorted, which I think they will as dan is a sincere guy.
                    Must be hard being a one man band, dunno how trev does it.

Comment

• Did you ask him if he'd managed to get Jasons cue in the post?

Comment

• Originally Posted by SBL View Post
                        Did you ask him if he'd managed to get Jasons cue in the post?
                        LOL, I think he has been too busy taking photos of his windows to worry about sending off a few cues that have been paid for, he's gotta get his priorities right!!!!

Comment

• What can I say Cueman, Dan has a group of people on here who have given him money for goods. If he has problems then he should have made people aware and offered them their money back. We keep seeing reports that he's about to be back up and running yet it still hasn't happened yet and looking at his windows, it doesn't look imminent. He should be keeping those that have given him money, up to date as often as possible, certainly whenever there is doubt in his ability to start production again. In Jason's case, (if everything is as Jason has stated. I'm not doubting him but it's one sided and I'm taking it on face) it's got to be seen as unforgiveable. He's received £650 for a cue that he has and needs something repairing yet 8 months later all that has happened is it appears that he's cancelled Jason off his MSN list and so effectively hiding.
                          He's talking to at least one person on MSN so he presumably has computer and internet access yet isn't contacting his customers, sounds very odd.
                          I have to say it's a shame as I've been looking at some of his cues posted on this site and they are lovely. It's a very trusting person who progresses any further with him in the future as there isn't anything but negatives that I can see throughout this thread and I'm almost amazed that people are letting it go so long without demanding their money back.

Comment

• I,m one of the people caught up in this and will always give people the benefit of the doubt , saying that it would be nice to hear from Dan with a reassurance that he has every intention delivering the cues he,s been paid for .

Obviously this has got to the stage where it must be very embarrasing for Dan but i for one am willing to forgive him as long as he gets in touch .

c,mon Dan we,ve all supported you through the rocky ride we know you,ve had , give us the opportunity to do the same to help you get back on your feet .

Neil .

Comment

• Originally Posted by SBL View Post
                              Did you ask him if he'd managed to get Jasons cue in the post?
                              unfortunately didnt discuss individual people, i was just wanted to know when he was gonna contact people

Comment

• Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                                I have been speaking to Dan on msn this morning, told him bout forum and how people have had no contract etc. he sends his apologies and says will get back to everyone who has emailed him soon.

He has had a lot of unpredicted disasters recently, vans braking down, workshop repairs. Along with the personal probs.

Heres the pics of his window repair

http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=IMG_0025.jpg
                                http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=IMG_0026.jpg
                                http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=IMG_0024.jpg

So hope everyone gets their cues sorted, which I think they will as dan is a sincere guy.
                                Must be hard being a one man band, dunno how trev does it.

I have no idea of what the problems have been, but I do wish Dan all the very best in getting things back together in his personal life.

In response to the above......

I manage my workload because it's actually what I do for a living. It is NOT a paid hobby for me. Although I work alone, and largely by hand, I have been making cues for a long time, have decent equipment to speed some processes, and know exactly what I can get done in what sort of timeframe.

I think perhaps this is where part of the issue is for Dan. From what I understand, he began working on cues as a hobby, posted images of that on this forum, which led to requests from people to have cues altered or repaired, and eventually cues to be made to individual specs and designs. This is where it can go wrong if you're not realistic over what is achieveable, given your abilities and resources. I would never have been surprised if Dan had got into trouble if he accepted too much work, as it is quite surprising how it mounts up, and puts pressure on you to deliver. If this is anything like being close to what he has gone through, then it will have felt like a big weight on him. If that is then coupled with personal problems, which maybe drain you of your energy or desire to get things done, then it's a recipe for disaster.

I wouldn't dream of suggesting anything to Dan apart from... take care of yourself, and be positive, there is always a corner to turn, you just have to hang on long enough.

If at some point you are able to contact those you are dealing with, all well and good and I'm sure they and Dan would feel better for it. I'm sure it's a very difficult situation for everyone involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X