No announcement yet.

dan shelton cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm gonna kill him. or take all my machinery back.
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
      i'm gonna kill him. or take all my machinery back.
      Good idea Mike

Comment

• not to sure how im gonna ask for a refund as we sort of did a deal on bits and bobs !!! firstly i sent an adr plain ebony cue to have some splices put on , he then told me that the butt exploded on his lathe which was fine as he was gonna replace it , i also sent him 2 blocks of ebony as he said he was short and needed it to keep up with his orders and lastly i sent him a 3/4 ebony parris classic butt which came spare with another cue and was not needed .
        we then agreed that he would make me a cue nothing fancy something simular to a burwat champ ,on a couple of occasions he told me that hed started the cue so i left him to it for a few months but the next time i phoned apparently he hadnt started it at all !!!
        for the last 11-12 months he wont answer his phone or facebook/msn ect i cant remember the first date this all started on but it was around august/sept 09 !!!!! before all this i used to talk to dan on quite a regular basis as we both starting messing with cues around the same time
        ive been through exactly the same as dan in the last 18 months my ex left me and after 6 months of having my kids on a 50/50 basis now theyre living 2 1/2 hours away and only seeing them every other week i know how hard it is to pick yourself up and get your head out of the sand im just filling my tax return for 09-10 let alone this years !!!LOL
        all i want/need is some sort of communication i dont feel that is to much to ask !! RANT OVER thanks
        http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Whoah. Serious? Did you lend him some machinery too?

Comment

i,d do both!!!!!

Comment

• I'm actually very surprised that you chaps have taken so long to react this way.
              Dan has done nothing to really re-assure the people that have invested in him (and by that I mean either financial loans, equipment or paying for cues etc.)
              He comes on every 3 or 4 months and states that things are getting better and he'll be up and running soon yet the pictures don't show to me anything happening any time soon.
              None of us truely know what is going on in his life or how it's affecting him but that is not the problem of the investors. He took the money in good faith and has left everyone high and dry. I would even go so far as to say he's been downright dishonest in the case of Jason who paid for items in his possesion yet he's now effectively hiding.
              He's been told of the unrest and growing anti feelings yet he can get on MSN but not here.

Comment

• If he genuinely is in a bad place I'm sure even in the lowest of situations you find someway or time to put the situation he's gotten himself into right. As others have said he can find time to go on MSN and probably other sites but is deliberately avoiding this place and answering questions regarding cues, now why would anyone do that if they have only good intentions? IMO he has had plenty of opportunity to sort things out and if it were me would be taking whatever steps to get my money back now, not waiting whilst he plans his next excuse.
                Last edited by cueman; 1 June 2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• I was considering one of his cues at one point but glad i didn't now, you have to feel for the people that have given him cash along with materials and equipment. I can see a few people turning up on his doorstep sooner rather than later as he's obviously avoiding the issue on here, i hope it gets resolved for those that are out of pocket. I just can't believe that a person would treat their customers like this regardless of any personal problems, we all have problems, its how you deal with those problems that makes you as a person.
                  Last edited by The Stig; 1 June 2011, 12:18 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• He was in a perfect place on this forum and getting a superb reputation, a huge number of people to sell to. It's now going to take a brave or stupid person to consider buying from him, that's even if he starts to produce good cues again.
                    Not forgetting that people on these forums are somewhat fanatical and are prepared to spend large sums on numerous cues.
                    You do a search on his name now and you won't be looking to place an order. Even more so when he hides from people that have paid for items he had in his possesion, that's just a blatant attempt at theft.

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
                      I was considering one of his cues at one point but glad i didn't now, you have to feel for the people that have given him cash along with materials and equipment. I can see a few people turning up on his doorstep sooner rather than later as he's obviously avoiding the issue on here, i hope it gets resolved for those that are out of pocket. I just can't believe that a person would treat their customers like this regardless of any personal problems, we all have problems, its how you deal with those problems that makes you as a person.
                      ditto buddy couldnt have put it any better !!!
                      http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

• Wow, new to the board here. The guy should have given all moneys back straight away. He has clearly spent the money thus not being able to do this. Anyone thinking of going through the small claims court, FORGET IT, you will be even more out of pocket because the old rule still applies,,,, "you cant get blood out of a stone", trust me I know from a previous experience. The only reason why some take the court route is to register a CCJ on an individual, however, in this Cue making case scenario, this will not apply because of no Company registration etc etc..

In short then, take it on the chin and always buy through a proper company with a credit card, you have so much back up and insurance if all goes tits up..

All the very best to all involved.
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

• this is my first times to order 2 cues from him , but now .................i don't know how to do at this moment, i really want to kill him.

Comment

• off to the costa de crime next week so if you give me his description i,ll look out for him........if i see him i,ll force feed him some spanish cucumbers!!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by shadow View Post
                              off to the costa de crime next week so if you give me his description i,ll look out for him........if i see him i,ll force feed him some spanish cucumbers!!!!!
                              Hold up on the cucumbers. The Germans have announced today that the e-coli did not originate from Spanish veg!

Comment

• shame that . i thought i had a good excuse not to eat any salad
                                Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                                Hold up on the cucumbers. The Germans have announced today that the e-coli did not originate from Spanish veg!

Comment

Working...
                                X