dan shelton cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but dan seemed to have started making cues only for the last year or so and so far, all his cues look impressive to me.

cue playability is so subjective. of course, you should be comfortable with your playing cue but at the end of the day, it is mostly your technique that matters. i feel that if you are knocking in the odd twenties or thirties, then it is your technique that needs looking into more than getting the "right" cue. but if you got the dough and have a penchant for handmade cues, then by all means.

i'm sure if a cuemaker keeps delivering high quality cues, his reputation builds and the cue reviews will take care of themselves. as the saying goes, the cream always rises to the top, or rather, works its way up...
    Spot on , anyone got a cure for a hangover .

Comment

I think Dan was referring to something else about "willy"

Comment

Originally Posted by Izzyfcuk View Post
        I think Dan was referring to something else about "willy"
        Kindly enlighten everyone what Dan is referring to?

I was caught off guard there too....

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
          correct me if i'm wrong but dan seemed to have started making cues only for the last year or so and so far, all his cues look impressive to me.

cue playability is so subjective. of course, you should be comfortable with your playing cue but at the end of the day, it is mostly your technique that matters. i feel that if you are knocking in the odd twenties or thirties, then it is your technique that needs looking into more than getting the "right" cue. but if you got the dough and have a penchant for handmade cues, then by all means.

i'm sure if a cuemaker keeps delivering high quality cues, his reputation builds and the cue reviews will take care of themselves. as the saying goes, the cream always rises to the top, or rather, works its way up...
          I have to agree here as well.

It's almost possible to measure or quantify how much of an impact a top quality cue will have on your game because there are just too many variables........your own technique, your confidence at the time and whether you're under pressure to name just a few. Everybody has good days and bad days.......it'd be too easy to have everything come together when you play your first ever frame with your new Parris/Wooldridge/Shelton and then think "Oh my God.....this cue has made me in to a much better player". You might then never pick up your old cue again, which could be a big mistake.

I have one of Dan's cues. The craftsmanship of the whole package, from the splicing to the care and attention put in to the mini-butt can't be faulted......but I wouldn't say it's made me a better player. I think i've played more consistently with this cue than with any other cue i've had......perhaps that's just an improvement on other fronts though.......who knows?

I'm an 8 ball man by the way....hardly ever play snooker. Just in case anyone was wondering......

Comment

I think everyone is mistaken.
            I m not asking nor wanna know how good the cue can make your game.

I just wanna know the comment of the quality n craftsmanship of the cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by willytan View Post

hahaha.. there's a huge differences between these two things

Comment

Hi Willytan, my reading of Dan's comment of "Well you have one Willy???" to means that you have a cue made by Dan. <shrug>?
                :-)
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

yes.. bro Willy has got a cue made by Dan.. very nice

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    Hi Willytan, my reading of Dan's comment of "Well you have one Willy???" to means that you have a cue made by Dan. <shrug>?
                    :-)
                    Yes.
                    I have one.
                    But it doesnt mean that everyone else is the same.
                    What i like to know is the consistency of his craftsmanship n quality.

Are you telling me that each n every pcs of cue that is made by JP shop is 100% in term of craftsmanship n quality?

Comment

Dan Shelton cues - reviews

Hi Willytan, I have a Dan Shelton cue on order (not worried about time - yet ) and am eagurely awaiting its delivery.
                      I read your review of your cue from Dan back on 5th November and what a good read and nice review.
                      As you say, reviews of Dan Shelton cues do seems lacking in numbers and Dan did respond that many of his customer are not on this forum.
                      As per your comments about 100% of JP cues being of superb quality... that is answered in many other threads on this forum
                      Enjoy your new cue
                      DeanH
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Either cue is first class or **** class, otherwise it will just not be talked about in the forum.

dude, just for clarity, i was responding to your comment that there seemed to be few reviews on Dan's cues in this forum and your rather sweeping statement that the cues mentioned in this forum are either top class or **** class (there, i just beeped myself)...

what i did say was, i believe that as long as a cuemaker consistently does a good job, the reviews will naturally come... and i believe DocJ just gave a good review on Dan's craftsmanship.

and no, i don't think everyone's mistaken...
                        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

All I can say guys is I try my best to make what the customer wants. I can understand its hard to know what a cue can be like without seeing one or having one in your hands. Pictures only show an image, not what the cue feels like, craftsman ship etc.

It has indeed been my first year. And I never thought it would of grown so quick. I only wanted to do a few a year! Each cue has been better than the last and everyone has gone out with me feeling happy.

Recently my communication has slipped a little so anyone who has contacted me please be patient. I can only apologise as im trying to get a few things sorted as im at a very, very busy time.

All the best

Dan
                          sigpic <---New Website
                          Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

My Dan Shelton cue (Maple)

Hi,

I have totally forgotten to post my Dan Shelton cue (maple) pics here.
                            My recent work load have really overshot my head.

Here are some of the pics:

A piece of art by Dan

Comment

Anybody heard from Dan recently

Comment

Originally Posted by nlm247 View Post
                                Anybody heard from Dan recently
                                i spoke to him yesterday i think - he has some family issues just now.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X