No announcement yet.

dan shelton cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if anybody has heard anything from Dan yet?

I ordered my cue on the 6th of February last year and have not heard of him for quite a while If I had only paid a deposit I wouldn't be so anxious but I paid the full amount up front and im fastly approaching a 12 month wait.
    Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post

I ordered my cue on the 6th of February last year and have not heard of him for quite a while If I had only paid a deposit I wouldn't be so anxious but I paid the full amount up front and im fastly approaching a 12 month wait.
      blimey thats making trevor look quick

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post

Exactly the same time as me

Comment

My last conversation with Dan is 28 Jan 2011 , Don't worry guys he still alive lol , I think he still need some more time for settle down his new home & workshop ...

Comment

for some time now ive been wondering about new cue makers..
            the best example of this being dan and airin.
            now based on the photos ive seen these guys are striving to achieve the standards set by the very best of cue makers.
            i had a cue made by kevin muncaster (northwest) 3 years ago which cost 175 from start to finish.
            as far as im aware, kev has 20 years plus experience making cues (inc higgins cue).
            ive never had a quote from airin or dan, but am led to believe that these cues are of a value of 300 plus.
            can someone explain why? is it aesthetic? what have the new cuemakers learnt about wood and how it dries or seasons (or whatever?)

Comment

Originally Posted by tinwong View Post
              My last conversation with Dan is 28 Jan 2011 , Don't worry guys he still alive lol , I think he still need some more time for settle down his new home & workshop ...
              Did he mention how well the penile-extension surgery went
              Seriously though, only two days ago! this is good news and I hope he is well.
              Did he give any indication to timelines, etc. to alleviate concerns of many on this forum?
              Last edited by DeanH; 30 January 2011, 06:35 PM.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                Exactly the same time as me
                I wonder how many more outstsanding orders like this he has?

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                  I got an SD joint fitted in the end of mines so I've got 6 inches extra for those slightly out of reach women!!
                  quality.
                  The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

listen up guys. aside from the joking, i did call dan and give him a good telling off.

i told him he's been a very naughty boy and to get in touch with people just to put their minds at rest. but he's got no internet access and it might take a couple of days.

so, he'll be in touch soon. with some kind of lame excuse i'm sure...

and if he doesn't, i'll bitch slap him.

peace...
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• For Airin, what I know is he has over 10yrs exp on 9ball cue production. The Ash timber material he use for snk cue are well aged since early 90's and maple are "old growth maple". I bought 3 cues from his partner Richard and tried 2 owned by others, in term of quality and playability, all these cue are extremely well...I don't see any bad one yet from the mkt. From the selection of material, the way of tapering the shaft and innovative splicing design, it worth for every cents I spent...

Comment

• Dan been in touch

Dan sent me a couple of texts this morning....he's going to respond soon from a mates pc......"I don't want people to panic as im nearly all up and running again"......."let people know im around and in process of sorting it out"......."once im all up ill be working flat out to catch up, i've not given up"
                        So hopefully not too long now before lovely cues are rolling out again

Comment

• It will be good to see Dan back with some more of his designs . Nice bloke and cues look very good .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Dan is a Cracking Guy and I wish him the Best of Luck in getting back into the Swing of Things Soon.

Gaz.

Comment

• Just wondering if there is any more news from Dan I know he's got a lot on but cue is now 3 months over and I need to sort something out soon. I was really looking forward to one of his cues but may have to ask for my deposit back if I dont knoe whats goin on.

Comment

• has anybody heard any thing yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X