dan shelton cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I havnt heard anything yet!
    Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

• I spoke to Dan last week and he said he is Nearly Sorted so please be Patient and he should be sorted soon.

Gaz.

Comment

• Cheers for letting me know mate.Its not the delay im too bothered about because its nt nice what he is going through but it s the lack of info and communicaton that i was getting worried about

Comment

• any light on how soon is soon please???

Comment

• Can anybody shed any light on whats going on with Dans cues?

I know hes having some issues and sympathise with that but hes running a business and should keep people informed, its ok for people to say he has no internet access but he does have customers phone numbers so theres no excuse really.
            Last edited by Burwat Champ; 19 February 2011, 11:10 AM.
            Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

• yes.it is more frustrating than anything else and has taken the shine off having a cue made.Its a shame since i was really looking forward to having a handmade cue.

Comment

• Must be very frustrating indeed and don't understand why Dan hasn't been in touch, but I'm sure in the end all will be well, he's a decent bloke so fingers crossed

Comment

• Imagine if this was Parris or one of the big name cue makers that had done this! And this lack of internet thing really isn't an excuse either. He could go to a public library or internet cafe and I'm sure probably has e-mail facility on his phone as most people have these days.
                  As the saying goes, takes a long time to build a good repuation and only a second to damage it forever. I know I would never want to do business again with someone who let me down, especially after paying money up front.

Comment

• I'm amazed or even confused with how many great established cue makers we have to choose from that so many people have put there faith in Dan & I don't really know why or what its based on is it just purely whats been said on this forum about his work ?

I'm not sure either why he has taken so many orders the old saying running before you can walk springs to mind, not to mention from what i've seen his prices are top end as well and i couldn't imagine anyone else being able to do this without earning there stripes first and getting an established reputation, yet many are making excuses for him.

Don't get me wrong he may or may not be a great cue maker & i appreciate his circumstances may have changed, but we all have personal problems and like many people i've had plenty but none of this makes sense and i'm sure if people were at least updated on whats happening it would help & many would understand.

Only thing that will put it right is if he updates on whats going on , gets the cue's out to customers and the quality is good and i hope for all the people that have spent there hard earned money that this will be the case, sooner rather than later.

On the other hand there's no such thing as bad press......and this thread has ran for ages, but i think its probably best if the man himself answers the questions now, doesn't have to be on the forum but more importantly to each person waiting for one of his cues.
                    Last edited by CueAntW147; 19 February 2011, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                      I am also in that same status with Dan. I ordered and paid 50% for a pearwood shafted 3/4-butt in September and haven't heard anything since from him.

It would be nice to at least have a status update as I'm in no rush for the cue but I have to admit I'm a bit worried as it was promised by Christmas

Terry
                      me too . i take order from him and paid 50% for 2 cues, but now haven't heard about him. i'm so worry..............

Comment

• i don't think there is any need to worry - i am sure he will sort it in the end.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• It may all come good in the end but if I'd paid money for a cue 1 year ago and hadn't heard anything then I'd be more than a little concerned.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            i don't think there is any need to worry - i am sure he will sort it in the end.
                            i hope im still alive when this happens

Comment

• If anyone on here (Andrew?) knows Dan well and get in contact with him would you please tell him he has a lot of concerned customers out there and it would be good if he got on-line on this thread and let us know what his plans are and when he expects to be able to get his cue orders out.

Even is he has to do it second hand if he can't get to an internet cafe or a library or something.

Terry
                              Terry Davidson
                              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• right i have been in touch with dan today - everyone will get their cues (otherwise i will personally go round and see him!) he has had a very very tough time recently and needs a bit of time to get back on his feet, he has booked time off work at the end of march start of april just to get all the outstanding cues orders sorted. there are not that many actually and they should all be done by the end of april. actually compared with most cue makers that would still be quick!
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X